Archived Return policy question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, quick question....I was thinking about this as I left the other day after a return I did for a guest who wanted something out of a completely different department, the system wouldn't let her, and then she came back with the items she had just gotten as I was leaving.

Let's say a guest wants to do a no receipt return for a $150 out of infants. Obviously, the system will force the guest to buy something out of infants for at least $150, if the guest wants something out of that department or not. So, if a guest does the exchange, they now have a receipt. Can they then do another product return and get cash/a gift card to use on whatever?

Obviously I would never recommend this to a guest, but how does the computer handle it?

Well, first things first. Certain departments do not allow exchanges with a no receipt return. That includes some areas in infants, electronics, and somewhere else I don't remember.

If you have an item eligible for exchange, it has to be from the same exact department. Not just infants, but the same dept in the DPCI. If you attempt to exchange out of your department, you'll need a supervisor override. If the situation is right, your GSTL/GSA should vibe it through. But, that all depends on the circumstances. Anyways, assuming you do an exchange, the receipt that comes out will state that this is a No Receipt return and is only eligible for another exchange - not a return.

Well, first things first. Certain departments do not allow exchanges with a no receipt return. That includes some areas in infants, electronics, and somewhere else I don't remember.

If you have an item eligible for exchange, it has to be from the same exact department. Not just infants, but the same dept in the DPCI. If you attempt to exchange out of your department, you'll need a supervisor override. If the situation is right, your GSTL/GSA should vibe it through. But, that all depends on the circumstances. Anyways, assuming you do an exchange, the receipt that comes out will state that this is a No Receipt return and is only eligible for another exchange - not a return.

Yeah....I know about the exact department, etc...I was just giving an example to explain what I meant without giving the specific details. Thanks for the info, though!

If things haven't changed, the receipt from the no receipt exchange states no receipt refund/exchange. So that would be your first clue.

If things haven't changed, the receipt from the no receipt exchange states no receipt refund/exchange. So that would be your first clue.

First clue or not, the first step of attempting a return is to always scan the receipt, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back