Archived returning a product to get the promo gift card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how does spot feel about team member returning a product just to rebuy it to get the sale gift card?

Who cares.. If they really wanted they could just return it, go take another one off the floor, and then buy it. Its not against the policy in any way.

But if you return & resell at GS, then you are reducing the amount of reshop, so I honestly just go ahead and do it.

Policy is that you have to go get one off the floor. You can't just return the item and then buy it back for the gift card. The logic is that it has to be available to (other) guests before you buy it. I know I've heard of TMs being busted for buying items that they stashed in the wrong location on the floor or took it out of the fitting room or a returns basket.

As far as whether you'll get busted for it or will even be allowed to by Guest Services... YMMV.

Return & Rebuy to obtain a gift card is a perfectly legit thing to do, and is even what they tell you to do in the Guest Service reference guide.

Not a problem!

Policy is that you have to go get one off the floor. You can't just return the item and then buy it back for the gift card. The logic is that it has to be available to (other) guests before you buy it. I know I've heard of TMs being busted for buying items that they stashed in the wrong location on the floor or took it out of the fitting room or a returns basket.

As far as whether you'll get busted for it or will even be allowed to by Guest Services... YMMV.

I think that's only for clearance items.

You can't buy anything from the backroom! A TM needs to pull the item after you buy it and another one needs to work it to the floor to replenish the one you just bought.

You can't buy anything from the backroom! A TM needs to pull the item after you buy it and another one needs to work it to the floor to replenish the one you just bought.

If I'm interpreting the rule correctly, it means that you can't buy directly from the backroom - you have to go to the sales floor location and buy what's there (the whole giving-guests-the-opportunity-to-buy-it thing). If the sales floor is empty, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to have a TM pull the item for you, as that's perfectly acceptable for guests. Also, some items are not kept on the sales floor (see: TVs, game consoles) or replenished in a timely manner (see: your size of shoes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back