Answered Returning/new fulfillment TM, have some questions!

Hey all,

I am coming back to Target after about 2 years. I left before the modernization happened throughout Target. I was primarily backroom/fulfillment/flow but now I'm coming back to a position primarily fulfillment. What is the job like nowadays? How is it compared to a GM position (there was also an opening at the store I'm at), can it be relaxing or overwhelming? I forgot to ask in my interview if I will be doing order pick up or I guess going outside to drop off packages or is that for the front end to take care of?

Thanks!

Welcome back, forget what you knew - all is different now - you are in bizarro world Target.
‘Relaxing’ is not used in ANY position -
GM can be stressful because of high expectations, increasing workload, many new things to learn than old flow team members remember - so much more than just pushing.
Fulfillment can be stressful due to time requirements/goals/INF stresses, although ASANTS on which metrics the store you are at emphasizes.

Best to read the Fulfillment thread to see scope. Not every shift will be the same. Our flex peeps pick OPU, pick ship batches, pack, and push when orders slow down.
Be prepared to move fast, sweat over not being able to find stuff, wish guest service wasn’t expected And find the places you can hide to catch your breath without a mask on.

Back