Archived Returns Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitterBerries

Can you go to 4?
So stores like Walgreen's and things will let you return opened make up with a receipt.. Wrong shade, irritates skin, whatever the issue is. Does Target allow this? I had a guest ask and never really got a straight answer from guest service or management so I thought maybe someone here may know. It's hard to tell from a bottle what would work or look right and since we don't have testers I can see why they'd want to know. Thanks!

I actually had a return today just like that! Someone had bought some foundation, didn't like the shade of it, and they returned it. Computer didn't ask any questions, I just marked it ESIM and gave the money back.

It's fine. Our return policy is very loose. As long as it isn't a case where they used up 90% of the product and then want to return it, I'd allow it.

I actually had a return today just like that! Someone had bought some foundation, didn't like the shade of it, and they returned it. Computer didn't ask any questions, I just marked it ESIM and gave the money back.

Maybe we are at the same store haha

It's fine. Our return policy is very loose. As long as it isn't a case where they used up 90% of the product and then want to return it, I'd allow it.

Thats what I was figuring, I know some lady tried that a few weeks ago. It was hilarious lol

I did those kinds of returns all the time! as long as the guest didn't use like 50% or more of the product they should be able to return it for whatever reason with no trouble at all! :)

Yep...it's fine. Though the amount of people who don't know this and will lie and tell you it made them break out, etc, was almost comical.

Yeah that's why I was wondering cause I thought maybe people abused it and they may have stopped allowing those to be returned or something

I work at the GS desk. We take it back, no questions asked. One time a lady returned vitamins and had used almost all of it and claimed she was allergic to them. Out of 120 vitamins, there were like 10 left. My GSTL approved the return and they cost around $30. At my store, they are so afraid to get a bad survey that we have to take almost everything back. Irritates me sometimes.

I work at the GS desk. We take it back, no questions asked. One time a lady returned vitamins and had used almost all of it and claimed she was allergic to them. Out of 120 vitamins, there were like 10 left. My GSTL approved the return and they cost around $30. At my store, they are so afraid to get a bad survey that we have to take almost everything back. Irritates me sometimes.

For something like that, I probably would have denied the return. Right behind the service desk is a sign that says we have the right to refuse any return on opened merchandise. If it's clear that she purchased the items with the intent to return them after use, like in this circumstance, I would deny the return. Thankfully most of my leadership backed me up as we had been really cracking down on return fraud when I was still a GSA.

If it was makeup that was mostly used, then I would refuse the return. But it look like it was hardly used then accept it.

Yep! We pretty much take anything back that's within the 90-120 days. For cosmetics or just HBA items in general, I'll take it back up to being a third of the way gone. Any more than that, not really. Though I've only ever had one person EVER actually try that.

I actually had my own return recently that was a little odd. I had returned some bedsheets I had already washed. They were supposed to be a Full, but turns out the fitted sheet was a twin. So I had to return it, despite them being washed already. Target pretty much takes anything back, within reason.

Yep! We pretty much take anything back that's within the 90-120 days. For cosmetics or just HBA items in general, I'll take it back up to being a third of the way gone. Any more than that, not really. Though I've only ever had one person EVER actually try that.

I actually had my own return recently that was a little odd. I had returned some bedsheets I had already washed. They were supposed to be a Full, but turns out the fitted sheet was a twin. So I had to return it, despite them being washed already. Target pretty much takes anything back, within reason.

You always wash sheets before use. Not a problem. Also incorrect size for what they are labeled is always fine with me. I will make that return happen. Same with clothing. I have seen pants labeled a 10, but are smaller than a six.

You always wash sheets before use. Not a problem. Also incorrect size for what they are labeled is always fine with me. I will make that return happen. Same with clothing. I have seen pants labeled a 10, but are smaller than a six.
I bought some sweaters on clearance that were all XL. Tried one on, it's a bit roomy (which is fine because I'll wear something under it,) so I took all of the tags off. Tried to put one on the other day and it's SKIN TIGHT! Gave it to my son's girlfriend (who's a SMALL) and it fits her perfectly! Third one? HUGE!!! Not worried about that one because I'll probably wear something under it as well, but an XL shouldn't fit like a SMALL!!!

For something like that, I probably would have denied the return. Right behind the service desk is a sign that says we have the right to refuse any return on opened merchandise. If it's clear that she purchased the items with the intent to return them after use, like in this circumstance, I would deny the return. Thankfully most of my leadership backed me up as we had been really cracking down on return fraud when I was still a GSA.
I wish I had your leadership at my store. It's getting a little better it seems, in the last 3 days, I declined a few returns and leadership backed me up. Finally! One of the GSA's (my favorite) will walk the "guests" to the sign (it's next to the guest service desk) and will point to it and have them read it lol.

We don't return any A-block items without a receipt.. ASANTS.. If the guest gets upset we just ask if they want to speak with AP then go forward from there!

We don't return any A-block items without a receipt.. ASANTS.. If the guest gets upset we just ask if they want to speak with AP then go forward from there!

I wish this was the case at my store!!

I wish this was the case at my store!!
We were in a 1 million dollar shortage last year lol! Our etl-ap was a apbp but transferred for his wife whose a hrml, and got fucked! So he's tryna make it back to district level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back