Archived Returns!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will say on the receipt that all items must be returned in order to get full credit and this includes the unspent gift card. It will also state the return value of each item on the receipt. I've seen it on my receipts when I've bought things that have a gift card promotion.

Yet Vibe/Be Bold policy is now basically overriding that policy.

I don't know how many times we have used the daily emergency override code in a week now.

our store has also told us to accept expired coupons and also to price match items that you need a club card for (weis giant ect.) someone in Corp needs to stand up to this thing before its too late. cause the rate this is going its soon going to grow far to large for us to contain.

I haven't worked the service desk for like a decade. Why can't we put the meds back on the shelf??

tylenol-poisonings.jpg

Seriously, I thought everyone knew that...

Actually I think it was stated earlier in the thread, Target loses the sale, and the merchandise upon returning consumable meds. We are not allowed to put it back on the shelf. So if a guest returns 20 boxes of allergy medication, they are all thrown away.

He was returning several hundred dollars worth of merch every day and half of that was a loss since we had to destroy it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize they are banking money on coupons with all the buy one get one razor coupons, and allergy medicine coupons that are out there. It's been really aggravating that it took as long as it did to finally red flag this guy.

This. This. This. These people coming out of the woodwork, are causing huge losses for Target. And you should care, if you care about your job. Everytime, Target loses money, they report losses every quarter in the earnings report, and when that happens, Target has to look for ways to get creative (to save money) and the easiest way is to take away hours.

It's always surprising to me, seeing Team Members, who just don't simply understand (or care) how simple losses, can easily add up. And, boy does it affect them...

Actually I think it was stated earlier in the thread, Target loses the sale, and the merchandise upon returning consumable meds. We are not allowed to put it back on the shelf. So if a guest returns 20 boxes of allergy medication, they are all thrown away.

He was returning several hundred dollars worth of merch every day and half of that was a loss since we had to destroy it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize they are banking money on coupons with all the buy one get one razor coupons, and allergy medicine coupons that are out there. It's been really aggravating that it took as long as it did to finally red flag this guy.

This. This. This. These people coming out of the woodwork, are causing huge losses for Target. And you should care, if you care about your job. Everytime, Target loses money, they report losses every quarter in the earnings report, and when that happens, Target has to look for ways to get creative (to save money) and the easiest way is to take away hours.

It's always surprising to me, seeing Team Members, who just don't simply understand (or care) how simple losses, can easily add up. And, boy does it affect them...

Of course they wouldn't think to take it out of the bonuses they are paying to the CEO and other top brass.

The problem is also not only the TMs who don't understand that losses add up.... it is also the ones who understand that losses do add up, but take crazy stupid actions to try to prevent the losses.

For example, when I was a TL I was standing near two food TM's who were discussing what to do with a box full of yogurt (probably about 20 units) that somehow was overlooked and had been sitting on an aisle for who knows how many hours... and I do mean hours, because it was warm to the touch.

Anyway, they stood around talking about how bad it would be to have to throw away that much yogurt and eventually decided that the best solution was to go stock it in the coolers. At that point, I had to step in and told them to QMOS it out. They both looked at me like I was crazy and started to stock it anyway. I told them I was a TL and they needed to QMOS it out per my instructions. At that point they started to argue with me, and the LOD actually had to step in. What did the LOD do? Had to sit there and think about it for about 2 minutes before deciding that QMOS'ing it out was the best action, then told the TMs good job trying to prevent loss. (never mind the loss from the 20 guests who would have ate those yogurts and sued us for food poisoning)

For example, when I was a TL I was standing near two food TM's who were discussing what to do with a box full of yogurt (probably about 20 units) that somehow was overlooked and had been sitting on an aisle for who knows how many hours... and I do mean hours, because it was warm to the touch.

Obviously there are exceptions. But still, just imagine it this way. If every single store, could reduce their losses from return fraud & other things, about $5,000 a month, Target could save about $9.5 Million Dollars a Month, or $114 Million Dollars a Year. Now, what do you think could be accomplished with all that money?

An Improved Benefits Package for the Team Members? Health Care for all the TM's? Improved Wages, or Hours?

I don't know, I just run numbers. And I see a huge opportunity for improvement.

The problem is also not only the TMs who don't understand that losses add up.... it is also the ones who understand that losses do add up, but take crazy stupid actions to try to prevent the losses.

Anyway, they stood around talking about how bad it would be to have to throw away that much yogurt and eventually decided that the best solution was to go stock it in the coolers. At that point, I had to step in and told them to QMOS it out. They both looked at me like I was crazy and started to stock it anyway. I told them I was a TL and they needed to QMOS it out per my instructions. At that point they started to argue with me, and the LOD actually had to step in. What did the LOD do? Had to sit there and think about it for about 2 minutes before deciding that QMOS'ing it out was the best action, then told the TMs good job trying to prevent loss. (never mind the loss from the 20 guests who would have ate those yogurts and sued us for food poisoning)

Now that me an my team lead have caught these offenders, our LOD team have given us the green light. I'll take a return if it's one maybe two boxes of the same product. But if somebody comes in to our store trying to return 10 boxes of the same allergy medication, 6 boxes of razors, and a bunch of other obvious crap using their credit card with no receipt, I just smile and tell them: "I'm sorry, I cannot accept this return." They usually raise hell saying it's on their credit card and point to our return policy. I tell them: "I'm really sorry, but it's a privilege we offer to our guests to return without a receipt. We are going to have to have a valid receipt to accept this return." We've been standing our ground the last couple weeks, but I fear other stores in our area aren't taking these matters as seriously as our store now does. It just sucks when you know what somebody is doing and it took as long as it did for me and my Team Leaders to bring it to our LOD's attention. Such a waste and a huge loss for the company when you throw all that product away for someone making bank on it. It grinds my gears when I see it.

It might not be that the other stores aren't taking it seriously...but they are afraid of being burned by not being bold. Corporate isn't exactly taking the stores' side on this issue, putting STLs in a sticky spot. If the store turns it down, and the guest calls the guest service line, they will tell your store to do the return. If you still don't, expect the DTL to be breathing down your STL's neck the next day about not being bold. And we've read on these forums what lengths these DTLs will go to to be bold.

In the end, it isn't right, and it really sucks...but if my employer wants to do it, is it really up to me to fight their policy, as stupid as it is?

It might not be that the other stores aren't taking it seriously...but they are afraid of being burned by not being bold. Corporate isn't exactly taking the stores' side on this issue, putting STLs in a sticky spot. If the store turns it down, and the guest calls the guest service line, they will tell your store to do the return. If you still don't, expect the DTL to be breathing down your STL's neck the next day about not being bold. And we've read on these forums what lengths these DTLs will go to to be bold.

In the end, it isn't right, and it really sucks...but if my employer wants to do it, is it really up to me to fight their policy, as stupid as it is?
I hear you, and thanks for you insight. I just find it so frustrating. There are so many new grey areas that have been opened by the "be bold" concept. It's a blessing in one hand for a guest you can satisfy, but it's a curse in this regard for someone you know is just taking advantage of the system.

Unfortunately, our problem with that started before the be bold, and the be bold just made our LODs more uncertain what to do in these situations. The entire thing just completely frustrating.

I've had to tooth and nail my way for coupon prevention with this Be Bold 'do what's right for the guest' nonsense. The expired coupons thing, thank god we have best practice at the lanes now. My ETL was like 'I thought we always accepted expired coupons.' ... I was like, here, read the highlighted portion.

And DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON .... just go ahead and override the $75 limit on no-receipt returns ... thing.

This is not something that is negotiated. There is no "good for trying to prevent a loss" its a loss. Its room temp yogurt! Oh here is always my back up, here eat one? No, then its QMOS!

I've had to tooth and nail my way for coupon prevention with this Be Bold 'do what's right for the guest' nonsense. The expired coupons thing, thank god we have best practice at the lanes now. My ETL was like 'I thought we always accepted expired coupons.' ... I was like, here, read the highlighted portion.

And DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON .... just go ahead and override the $75 limit on no-receipt returns ... thing.

We override that limit regularly, now. I let guests know they are over their limit, and I am making an exception...most of them seem grateful. I will only do this for transactions that I feel okay about. If there is anything in my gut that says, "this is fraud in some way, shape or form" then I won't do it.

We override it too much. And usually the leadership doesnt want to have some sort of 'does this feel fishy to you' radar.

It is frustrating. Can we stop being bold yet?

Bold is pretty much over at my store. It's just like everything else, it depends on who is watching the front lanes and what kind of mood they are in. GSAs are back to doing price checks for items where the price difference is less than $5.
Didn't I read something about an email from corporate that was about scaling back Be Bold?

Bold is pretty much over at my store. It's just like everything else, it depends on who is watching the front lanes and what kind of mood they are in. GSAs are back to doing price checks for items where the price difference is less than $5.
Didn't I read something about an email from corporate that was about scaling back Be Bold?

If anyone can dig up this email, I'll be ubergrateful

If such an email exists it hasn't made its way to my store. My STL just reiterated that we are to make it right for the guest no matter what. He said he doesn't even want me calling for the LOD and to just make it right.

I have a new ETL-AP who is fortunately with me on the 'make it right for people who don't reek of fraud' thing. But the new ETL-GE ... wants to take everything that comes through the POS even if it's bogus-central

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back