Archived Revamp a department

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG entertainment. Get rid of the browsers and have all CDs have their own location. No more multi-locs for DVD's/BluRays. Would make it SO much easier to research and zone.

Integrate (or in some cases, reintegrate) Photo in with Electronics. The Dry Labs do not take up that much space and can be confined to a small corner (usually where the display-less TVs and shite headphones go). Place all the camera and photography related merchandise in the Photo Corner. Retrain the Photo TMs for general Electronics guest service and specialize in digital camera knowledge.

OMG entertainment. Get rid of the browsers and have all CDs have their own location. No more multi-locs for DVD's/BluRays. Would make it SO much easier to research and zone.
Don't get rid of the browsers! I'd say make movies and books into browsers too. Same with video games. Keep all of that mercy on the floor where it can make some money! Have an endcap for new releases for each department, maybe a seasonal display (think holiday books, holiday music, seasonally relevant movies), and then make the rest of the department a browser. Give hours to staff it to keep it zoned.

Different departments have different needs and unfortunately, Target's one size fits all method of presentation, instocks, and methods of sale and replenishment do not serve each department equally.

There's a store in Minneapolis testing no back endcaps. All clearance is just pm'd to the last 4ft section of each aisle. They're testing to see if it will sell quicker if it stays in its home location aisle. As it sells, you just ptm the new merch into that 4ft or set the new pog early.

Is that no clearance back ends or no back endcaps at all?

So what are they doing with the extra space? Or are they just swapping out the endcaps for flat panels that say "Do you REDcard?", "Show me the money! Get a REDcard today!", "Got 5% off?", "Will somebody please think of the children! TCOE donates to your local school! Sign up for TCOE when you open a REDcard today!" etc?

Ive only seen a pic. My Etl was visiting his brothers in Minneapolis. His pic showed flat panels with signing. I don't rememebr what the signing was. He showed me months ago.

That just sounds like a waste of space.

I wonder how that'd work on my store, where in cosmetics, two back endcaps are permanent product: Physician's formula and the Hello Kitty makeup crap.

I wonder how that'd work on my store, where in cosmetics, two back endcaps are permanent product: Physician's formula and the Hello Kitty makeup crap.

See also: Corelle dishes, As Seen On TV, etc.

they just sent the test store 4ft versions and put them in the aisle.

See also: Corelle dishes, As Seen On TV, etc.

Oh yeah, forgot about those. I didn't know Corelle was a permanent one.

Oh yeah and that one candle endcap with candles that are similar to this http://www.target.com/p/red-velvet-...33#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=red+velvet+candle

I think we've only had it for a couple years or so. We actually have two endcaps of Corelle since they added the smaller box sets for BTC this year.

I forgot about those soy candles. They drive me crazy because we sell so few of them but the zone is ALWAYS messed up.

I think we've only had it for a couple years or so. We actually have two endcaps of Corelle since they added the smaller box sets for BTC this year.

I forgot about those soy candles. They drive me crazy because we sell so few of them but the zone is ALWAYS messed up.

It never resets so we never have the right labels in place. Therefore we ALSO never seem to have them in stock and therefore cannot research them >.> So if my TL who reads this would kindly print out the labels for the soy candle endcap (back endcap, E18), that'd be wonderful :)

I'd do it but I have my own department.

I like what they're doing with the permanent back endcaps in toys...it's kind of cool to see new product there and if it does well enough it moves inline for the next transition. They do this a little bit with the product on the domestics focals/beacons too.

I'd love to see a pic of the no back endcap situation...sounds interesting.

It never resets so we never have the right labels in place. Therefore we ALSO never seem to have them in stock and therefore cannot research them >.> So if my TL who reads this would kindly print out the labels for the soy candle endcap (back endcap, E18), that'd be wonderful :)

If you have any free time, just get the POG number and print all the labels. Replace all the ones you need, then if the endcap is superzoned and all outstanding re-shop is complete, shoot stand-alone research.

If you have any free time, just get the POG number and print all the labels. Replace all the ones you need, then if the endcap is superzoned and all outstanding re-shop is complete, shoot stand-alone research.

Unless stand alone research is strongly looked down upon at your store. Then do stand alone outs.

There's a store in Minneapolis testing no back endcaps. All clearance is just pm'd to the last 4ft section of each aisle. They're testing to see if it will sell quicker if it stays in its home location aisle. As it sells, you just ptm the new merch into that 4ft or set the new pog early.
I would not want to walk around the entire bleeping store looking for clearance.

It belongs on an endcap. Where it can be found quickly. We have guests that come in, and always check for clearance. It sells better (generally) when it's all pulled together, in the depts.

PTM... That's a funny word at my store. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back