Archived Reverse 2 weeks notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here to the board. I was just wondering if a 2 week notice could ever be reversed? I'm waiting on another job and I'm "unofficially" hired. I am just waiting on a background check (never been in trouble before) and I am afraid if they don't call me and Target doesn't reverse my 2 week notice that I will have no job. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Thank you.

- Shiela

I haven't put it in yet. My team lead wants me to put it in asap since she would need someone else to train in my place because this is all occurring before Black Friday which i understand but I don't wanna put in my 2 weeks without knowing about this other job. I got a call back at this other job saying it might take up to a few weeks and that my check is "pending."

I wouldn't put in my two weeks until the background check has cleared and I have my job offer in writing. Your new job should understand that you need to give your old job notice of your leaving. This should help prevent any paycheck gaps.

Thanks everyone. I am deciding to wait because the decent thing for the other job to do is understand that I have to give my 2 weeks to target. They would expect the same from their company I assume. No company wants someone to quit randomly. It's common courtesy to put in your two weeks. :) thanks again everyone!

At my store we had a TL put in their 2 weeks, announce to the team, and then retract it mid way through week 1 and stay in position.

Question is did you give the other job a date that your available to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back