Archived Revision Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a companion thread to the earlier one about the 21 hour L'Oreal revision two weeks ago. I do all the revisions at my store. So, that week, there were 55 hours of revisions. My schedule: 25 planogram, 6 hours flow, 4 hours signing (cause I do that too).

When I asked where all the hours for the revisions went, I get crazy answers like ... your past productivity impacts the number of hours you get for future sets.

So, I could go on and on about that week. It was hellish trying to convince my PTL, ETL, and STL I needed help. Surprise, on Friday, there were over 20 hours of unfinished revisions.

Question: do stores allocated hours for planograms and revisions vary with sales? In other words, if we are not making sales, am I magically able to set twice as much? A 21 hour makeup set takes 21 hours.

Or maybe someone, somewhere is banking those hours to increase their bonuses. Things that make you go ... hmmmmmmm

... your past productivity impacts the number of hours you get for future sets.

no - the ETL at your store is just being an a** and playing monopoly with the hours available.

I swear some of the kids in charge of the stores are saying to themselves, "How few hours can I give out and still get things semi-done?"

Thanks for the response Target Annie. I just don't see what sales have to do with setting stuff. Past productivity? Using that logic, I should start moving slower so I get more hours in the future.

The ETL and PTL gets the revision hours from Spot.
It's up to them to use them properly.
Unfortunately, some bosses like to second guess the system or move the hours to someplace they consider more important.
There are also cases when the Spot screws up horribly and drops the says one thing on Friday and twice that on Monday morning.

Revision hours generally don't drop into the system until after the schedule has already been written. Revision hours normally show up in the adjacency calendar 1 week in advance, but schedule has to be written 2 weeks in advance.

So when writing the schedule you just have to guess how long they might take based on the number of total revisions, but if the revisions are major and take 3-5 hours each for some of them it can really screw up the system.

Ajax11, now that I have a new TL, I have tried explaining that to her ... the part about the schedule being written before all the revision hours drop into the system. She looked at me like i ws trying to pull something on her. She actually called me to the TL office and said (no lie) "You don't have alot of revisions for the last week of AUGUST." This was in last week, say July 26. I told her "Of course they aren't."

I don't know other stores do it, but combining the Plano and Pricing seems over-reaching. I just don't see how it is done. But guess what, that is why I am just a team member. I don't need or want that responsibility. I will go in, slap a smile on my face, give my 85%, and leave.

The reason I say 85% is because people normally say ... I gave it my all - or- I gave 110%. People sacrificing their lives give it their all. Maybe surgeons separating conjoined twins. Me? I give about 85%

Good day all!

Pricing is just as much fun to try and schedule for... The only forecast you get when writing the pricing schedule is for the estimated clearance tickets per day broken down by department. You can't see the number of price change / price cut tickets until the day before so it is a complete guess as to how many people you need.

One day last week we had over 2000 clearance and almost 2000 price change, only had 2 pricing people scheduled to do it so had to pull a person to help.

My store doesn't have a dedicated revision person, just one or two of the normal POG people will be assigned to work on them at some point during the week.

The STL at the store looks at the forecast for each workcenter, and gives them out as they see fit. If you have 900 hours of work and 700 hours well, specialty areas get cut first and never cashiers/salesfloor.

The STL at the store looks at the forecast for each workcenter, and gives them out as they see fit. If you have 900 hours of work and 700 hours well, specialty areas get cut first and never cashiers/salesfloor.

At my store, cashiers and sales floor get cut first, since our process teams are already scheduled the bare minimum.

Luckily at my store pricing and plano are separate. but as for the plano and revisions.. we just set everything as one team. Sometimes if my signing team member has her workload done and all of her maintenance she has to do I will use her to help get revisions done but in general we all work together.

Ajax11, now that I have a new TL, I have tried explaining that to her ... the part about the schedule being written before all the revision hours drop into the system. She looked at me like i ws trying to pull something on her. She actually called me to the TL office and said (no lie) "You don't have alot of revisions for the last week of AUGUST." This was in last week, say July 26. I told her "Of course they aren't."

I don't know other stores do it, but combining the Plano and Pricing seems over-reaching. I just don't see how it is done. But guess what, that is why I am just a team member. I don't need or want that responsibility. I will go in, slap a smile on my face, give my 85%, and leave.

The reason I say 85% is because people normally say ... I gave it my all - or- I gave 110%. People sacrificing their lives give it their all. Maybe surgeons separating conjoined twins. Me? I give about 85%

Good day all!

Pricing is just as much fun to try and schedule for... The only forecast you get when writing the pricing schedule is for the estimated clearance tickets per day broken down by department. You can't see the number of price change / price cut tickets until the day before so it is a complete guess as to how many people you need.

One day last week we had over 2000 clearance and almost 2000 price change, only had 2 pricing people scheduled to do it so had to pull a person to help.

My store doesn't have a dedicated revision person, just one or two of the normal POG people will be assigned to work on them at some point during the week.

is that 2000 dpci's or 2000 eaches? cause 2000 eaches is a fairly easy day for our two team person...

is that 2000 dpci's or 2000 eaches? cause 2000 eaches is a fairly easy day for our two team person...

I think they mean the regular 2000 price changes on top of another 2000 seasonal salvage meaning total of 4000...gotta love when the pricing forcaster never matches what it actually turns out to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back