Archived Revision opinion: Changing way too much... Waste of Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to ask others who do revisions too. Do you feel the company is changing way TOO MUCH via revisions (than necessary), and a lot of the moves and changes it want us to do is a huge waste of time?

I feel this way, and I just want to see if there is any agreement. :)

Last edited:
Example, that these HBA/Consumables revisions change SO SO SO many labels, and all you had to do was move 10-20 label strips, and only add 1-5 new products. What happens, is these aisles have a tons of dividers/pushers, and it always faze me that the company never seem to realizes this!

The things with all these pushers/dividers revision is that the hours were assigned as if it's an aisle that don't have these pushers/dividers. I have been trying to communicate to my bosses and they to the company for years of this issue, and these corporate fools NEVER seem to get the message. UGH!

Last edited:
Just do what one phantom pog tm at my store does and leave the dividers where they're at. Fuck it if someone else tries to stock the aisle. It ain't her problem!

The bottomline is, someone from the company coming up with these hours need to get their fat ass off their comfy office chairs and try setting the planogram THEMSELVES.

They say a 20-40 label change for these pushers/divider aisles takes only 2 hours, but it actually takes at least 4-6 hours!!!

NO ONE can get it done in 2 hours. You HAVE TO/MUST move these dividers/pushers!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The company need to communicate about this better!!!

Revisions is getting harder and crazier, but I often am the only person working them! If company is going to do this, they clearly need to send the message loud and clear, that on planogram more than one person need to help out. And hours on Plano need to be FLEXIBLE so someone working on transition can help out on revisions without worrying about hours!

Things have changed, I loved revisions before, since revision hours was more fair and under 40 hours so that ONE person can get it done, WITHOUT the help of others. I was more than capable of knocking it all out, and sometimes way ahead of it's assigned hours. I was proud how good I was! Example: Two year ago, it said work takes 32 hours, I was able to get it done in 3 days!

Now, unfortunately it's no longer the case. Revisions are more complex than ever than before, and the hours that my bosses try to play around trying to save the most hours as they can and I don't get help as I would liked! Let's just say there is WAY too much pressure for me to getting the work done. I didn't have this hard time, when I first started doing revision except occasional/rare weeks, now it's EVERY week!!!

Last edited:
I agree. I haven't seen a lot of clarification on the large revisions. I understand that they will not go MPG and that any flexing done must be minimal and only side to side. Is this correct? I don't know how the TL's with the "cover every empty spot" mentality will be able to sleep at night.

You've posted about this three times, created 2 threads and responded to one old post. I understand you're frustrated.

It was awesome when we got the large revision for infants, when we had to change all the backer paper...it was more like a complete reset.

Pushers/Dividers rule applies to complete resets as well.

I posted several times, because it IS A MAJOR problem that should not get ignored. Most people here are not revision/plano to understand how frustrated I am, thank you for realizing it!

But do you realize on Revisions, I often get no help? I am the only person doing them until I ask my ETL for help?

Also do you realize, with complete resets the hours are right (12 hours for an aisle, for example), but with revisions, the hours are under assigned (2 hours for an aisle that actually takes 6 hours to do)?

That, is the main problem!

This shouldn't ever be, I want company to send the message better on giving Revision people some guaranteed help when their workload is too much!

Last edited:
I posted several times, because it IS A MAJOR problem that should not get ignored. I am frustrated, thank you for realizing it!

But do you realize on Revisions, I often get no help? I am the only person doing them until I ask my ETL for help?

Also do you realize, with complete resets the hours are right, but with revisions, the hours are under assigned?

This shouldn't ever be, I want company to send the message better on giving Revision people some guaranteed help when their workload is too much!

Yes, but by posting it in multiple places means that we will have multiple threads about the same topic. It'd be more beneficial to keep the discussion to one place...plus MySupport is an official channel for sending up issues.

As for the workload, there are many people on here and in the stores who will all tell you the same thing. Not enough hours, not enough help to get the work done.

If you're not getting the help you need, then you need to talk to your PTL and have them give you somebody to help them out or spread out the workload. They should know when you are going to have revisions that involve dividers/pushers and plan accordingly. This has been an ongoing issue with revisions for many years.

I'm not having a good week either...I have 40+ hours of signing workload to do, and they scheduled less than 20...my leaders know that the work isn't going to be done this week...it's up to them to find the hours to get it done.

I've noticed one of the new toy planograms on the My Little Pony/Littlest Pet Shop was made to fail, pretty much. It's on the bottom shelf and I have to do a crappy Paint drawing to get my point across.

lpcm.png

Alrighty, so red item is a Littlest Pet Shop play set. Blue item is a My Little Pony notebook/coloring set thing, comes in a small shipper. Purple item is over to the side, it's some MLP thing.

It's on a label strip, so we can't really move it. There's no room to move any of it, other than to have blue item overlap the red label strip and just have red come out into the aisle a bit.

If Target would stop setting planograms like this, it would certainly cut down on the waste of time with revisions.

Also I am not sure how Best Buy and Walmart do their planograms, revisions, but I can't imagine they waste as much as time as Target does.

Target corporate seems to have no intelligence at all, when come up with these revisions that take away so much time that it makes NO sense at all!

How many times, how many people of different stores have MySupported revisions with dividers/pushers takes much longer than the hours it says?

How many times, how many people of different stores have MySupported revisions with dividers/pushers takes much longer than the hours it says?

It's been a while, but I would say just about always.
When I was left they had started doing more and more calling full sets revisions, so I can't imagine that's gotten any better.

It's gotten ridiculous! I used to knock out a week worth of revisions earlier and proud. So, I can go help out Transitions for days, people think I am doing a GOOD JOB. Now, I would be lucky if I get work done, that now they assign over 40 hours just about EVERY week.

Nobody would help me, unless I ask, and I hate to ask. But I have to.

It just seems to me AND other people that I am slow(but I am really NOT, it's NOT my fault!), I don't help anyone anymore, but they have to help me out. I don't like that at all! Nobody say I am doing a good job anymore, and I don't agree with that. You get what I am saying?

Not a job I want to be doing for long any more, if this continues. When I signed up, I wanted to be able to get a week worth of work done by myself, and often earlier so I can help others, but now days that's just not a possibility. :/

Last edited:
@oath2order

Looks like you've got a Mysupport issue.
May g-d help your soul.

I don't know what that is. I just do hardlines and work around it until the revisions come in.

Does Mysupport make it quicker or something

They are supposed to give you new planograms (or tell you where the fix was posted and you didn't get told about it) to make the stuff fit properly.
Unfortunately they can be a black hole into which things disappear forever or they ask for more information so they can ignore it or etc etc...
But sometimes they work.
It's a crapshoot.

Not enough hours, not enough help to get the work done.

They should know when you are going to have revisions that involve dividers/pushers and plan accordingly. This has been an ongoing issue with revisions for many years.

Exactly, how this company continues to let this problem escalate is truly baffling!

This ongoing issue has always been a problem with the hours that we rightfully deserves, ALWAYS!

When they will finally wake up, and FIX it?

Not enough hours, not enough help to get the work done.

They should know when you are going to have revisions that involve dividers/pushers and plan accordingly. This has been an ongoing issue with revisions for many years.

Exactly, how this company continues to let this problem escalate is truly baffling!

This ongoing issue has always been a problem with the hours that we rightfully deserves, ALWAYS!

When the world ends.

They probably use some kind of algorithm to estimate revision set times. I assume it considers how many label strips, peghooks, dividers and other fixtures are changing. Problem is the cover sheet says "18x 1.5 dividers +3" , and it's true - they are adding three dividers, but ignoring the 122 dividers you have to remove and replace to fit the three new ones in!

In the old days they actually set these things at HQ before writing the plano - now it's all done on the computer so nobody knows how long things really take.

Also I am not sure how Best Buy and Walmart do their planograms, revisions, but I can't imagine they waste as much as time as Target does.

Target corporate seems to have no intelligence at all, when come up with these revisions that take away so much time that it makes NO sense at all!

I work at Walmart and I can tell you how the modulars are done. First of all, there is no such thing as a revision at Walmart. Even if it is only a couple of new items, the whole modular (planogram) must get reset. This isn't too bad if it's one or two four-foot sections but the shampoo modular at the store where I work is 13 four-foot sections!
Plus, sometimes the new stuff gets added into the old set before the new set is done. The new stuff is supposed to be added in where the discontinued merchandise was but that doesn't always happen that way. It's a mess for those of us who have to stock the shelves before the new set is done and it's a mess for the people doing the new set.
Walmart also doesn't use label strips so it's easier to move the tags to accommodate the merchandise if there's not enough room for it or too much room given for it.
I've had to move dividers in order to get the product stocked right. Either there was too much space or not enough space for it. Most of the time, I move just enough for the product I'm stocking. Until the deodorant aisle was redone recently, there weren't enough dividers for all of the product so it looked awful.
Walmart doesn't seem to be too big on backer paper.
I'm not sure about the state of my store's modular team now anyhow. It used to be six people but now they're down to three people and they're not replacing the rest. Maybe they'll go back to having the department managers reset the modulars like they apparently used to do.
There is no separate signing person either. Usually the managers go around the store hanging the signs when needed.

I work at Walmart and I can tell you how the modulars are done. First of all, there is no such thing as a revision at Walmart. Even if it is only a couple of new items, the whole modular (planogram) must get reset. This isn't too bad if it's one or two four-foot sections but the shampoo modular at the store where I work is 13 four-foot sections!
Plus, sometimes the new stuff gets added into the old set before the new set is done. The new stuff is supposed to be added in where the discontinued merchandise was but that doesn't always happen that way. It's a mess for those of us who have to stock the shelves before the new set is done and it's a mess for the people doing the new set.
Walmart also doesn't use label strips so it's easier to move the tags to accommodate the merchandise if there's not enough room for it or too much room given for it.
I've had to move dividers in order to get the product stocked right. Either there was too much space or not enough space for it. Most of the time, I move just enough for the product I'm stocking. Until the deodorant aisle was redone recently, there weren't enough dividers for all of the product so it looked awful.
Walmart doesn't seem to be too big on backer paper.
I'm not sure about the state of my store's modular team now anyhow. It used to be six people but now they're down to three people and they're not replacing the rest. Maybe they'll go back to having the department managers reset the modulars like they apparently used to do.
There is no separate signing person either. Usually the managers go around the store hanging the signs when needed.

That explains the kind of crumpled and over extended look of just about every Walmart I've ever visited.
I've always known that the people who worked there worked hard so knowing this gives a lot more perspective, thanks.

I forgot to add that there is also no price change team at Walmart. The department managers do those as well. They expect a lot out of the department managers but they do have associates who help out. I think they also scan the outs, so no need for a separate instock team either.
There are a few modulars that are set by vendors, like the makeup and the new release CDs (not the movies).

When the world ends.

When the Cleveland Browns win the Super Bowl, which will happen after hell freezes over.

They probably use some kind of algorithm to estimate revision set times. I assume it considers how many label strips, peghooks, dividers and other fixtures are changing. Problem is the cover sheet says "18x 1.5 dividers +3" , and it's true - they are adding three dividers, but ignoring the 122 dividers you have to remove and replace to fit the three new ones in!

In the old days they actually set these things at HQ before writing the plano - now it's all done on the computer so nobody knows how long things really take.

Well they need to figure out a smarter algorithm for dividers.

Or, at a certain length (25-30 labels) just make it a whole new Transition. Which is actually easier in that sense.

Why kill any Revision person by wasting his/her hours for whole day (Hours NOT even given enough), and all it accomplishes is moving 90% and only 10% actual Add? Makes NO sense!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back