RFID questions...

Help settle a debate team:

1) Does RFID update OH’s?

2) Does RFID trigger replenishment in apparel in any way?

I

It was always yes because the rfid was implemented for the purpose to fix your on hands and replenish otherwise why scan it .
We use to always had to go in and manually change the on hands because it was no changing them and people kept ordering stuff we didn’t have and couldn’t find with the rfid gun. 🤷🏽‍♀️

We use to always had to go in and manually change the on hands because it was no changing them and people kept ordering stuff we didn’t have and couldn’t find with the rfid gun. 🤷🏽‍♀️
You were supposed to work the reject report

Can anyone tell me what the reject report is or where to find it? I’ve heard from the FB confessions page that clearing the report will help with scores but I don’t know where to find it

Can anyone tell me what the reject report is or where to find it? I’ve heard from the FB confessions page that clearing the report will help with scores but I don’t know where to find it
Greenfield , rfid dashboard and then reject report. Yes if you clear it will bring your percentage up . You manually have to audit everything you didn’t find .

The real question is why do the higher ups want the % to be so high? Aren't the missing items sold items?

The real question is why do the higher ups want the % to be so high? Aren't the missing items sold items?
No the missing items are items you’re missing. Sold items come out of on hands.
This used to be "no"......... so when did it change?
Always yes. Rfid updates on hands for things less than a difference than 5 but you should still work your reject report for things more than a difference of 5. The scan definitely doesn’t auto update everything under 5 because I’ve seen some things not update but it works most the time

It takes 3 scans to trigger a change in OH. So if the same DPCI is missing after 3 consecutive scans it will change the OH and trigger replenishment. That's why we scan weekly now. Stores with bad OHs should scan 3 times a week until it is fixed

I'm pretty sure no one at my store is aware of this reject report or what to do with it. They don't even seem to care if we don't hit 97.5% scan complete when we go thru domestics every other week. 🤷🏻‍♀️

No the missing items are items you’re missing. Sold items come out of on hands.

Need more information on this. The nature of rfid's unique numbering system makes it difficult to factor in with arbitrary on hand numbers.

Also if it takes 3 scans for it to override oh then does that mean a lower score will take weeks to improve?

Is there any more info about RFID scanning on Workbench. My ETL is clueless, and so am I. Trying to see if there is any spot related guidance on this topic.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a new question:

How much time/wk do you spend tagging untagged merchandise received from the DC? I've generally spent 0hrs/wk. But I think that may be affecting my scans negatively, LOL. I appreciate any input.
*hand towels and washcloths are a big area missing tags at my store

Last edited:
Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a new question:

How much time/wk do you spend tagging untagged merchandise received from the DC? I've generally spent 0hrs/wk. But I think that may be affecting my scans negatively, LOL. I appreciate any input.
*hand towels and washcloths are a big area missing tags at my store
I haven’t had the issues with dc sending stuff without a tag

Back