RFID

When using the rfid scanner for fulfillment the light that is constantly flashing will become solid periodically, does anyone know why and is it still scanning?

I work in guest services (sometimes). To be honest I have no idea how rfid works. I was told to say ok at the prompt about putting the rfid onto returns but it is something that as far as I know, no one does at guest services. Are most service desks doing something with rfid or are they like mine and someone else does it?

I work in guest services (sometimes). To be honest I have no idea how rfid works. I was told to say ok at the prompt about putting the rfid onto returns but it is something that as far as I know, no one does at guest services. Are most service desks doing something with rfid or are they like mine and someone else does it?
The silver backing on the white tag printer has the rfid code embedded. You're doing it if you are using the right stickers.

When using the rfid scanner for fulfillment the light that is constantly flashing will become solid periodically, does anyone know why and is it still scanning?
If it goes solid It's not actively searching for anything. Sometimes it would do this for the following reasons: (1) the Zebra device battery was under/around the mid-way battery mark. This only happened with some Zebras, not all. (2) because they're all junk.

Basically it'll still work but you need to back out and try again because when it's solid yellowish green it's not working. Sometimes you need to disconnect it from the zebra, restart it, and then reconnect. Those stupid things are both a blessing and a curse for my patience lol.

People could get dramatically better RFID scores if it was instant feedback like MODERN RFID APPS, and it would tell you what your missing. Why tf it gotta be a scavenger hunt and you don't even know what you're looking for, and hurt your score when you walk by something you weren't supposed to?

Got a surprise 65-ish% scan for Bath yesterday. Apparently every item in dept 064 is now "RFID enabled". Except nothing but towels has an RFID label on it. FML
Got an answer from HQ partners in regards to this; they're testing some RFID enablement issues and 064 bath and soft decor are 2 of the test departments.

Apparently the group ODs were informed and just didn't tell store level.

Edit: to be more clear (sorry), they said not to worry about low scan numbers there as they'll level out over the next few scans.

Last edited:
Back