Riddle Me This?

Why would district and regional leadership be interested in the volume of inbound trailers when all they have to do is go on Greenfield for piece counts?

Little info on the subject was that apparently someone complained about the frequency of less than full (cubed out) inbound trucks and hours/available team members for unload.

Why would district and regional leadership be interested in the volume of inbound trailers when all they have to do is go on Greenfield for piece counts?
Because they won’t see the volume of the trailer until the day before or day of for the next day . However they can see at what pace they are loading and change the closing door time

Wouldn't closing door time be determined by other factors such as the no. of trailers to load in the queue? I am not familiar enough with our DC's outbound capacity (docks) to draw that conclusion given what I've learned about outbound load rates per trailer.

Then we have the availability issue due to excessive demand. That's a whole other conversation.

We've got a 1500 plus one loaded and scheduled for Friday. The next will be Saturday.

Also given the push to get freight to the stores asap due to current conditions, trailers must continue move out on a expedited fashion.

In other words, if you miss the bus, another one will be on the way.

Back