Archived Ridiculous day for backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a ridiculous day for doing cashier backups. I sometimes wonder if Target management even cares if our primary workload gets done. At one point, out of 6 pog/pricing tm's, 5 of us were either on lanes or carry outs. As long as we're cashiering, who cares if we are behind on ticketing and setting? And then we get asked, "Why are you behind?" When you say, "Carry outs, guest service, cashiering," the withering look I got is ... None of that matters.

High volume store problems. One time, every single TM was on a lane and both registers in Electronics were busy as well. We had one TM not on a lane clearing call buttons but there were still lines. Oh wait, that was a couple months ago..

Depends on your store. At mine POG and pricing don't even have cashier logins. ETLS get on registers before they do.

All it takes is one cashier call out and we know Hardlines and Softlines will be backing up the majority of their shift.

Lol, that's cute. Back to back, as I'm trying to set intimates, I did ... a call in bedding, walk a hold up front, do a guest carryout, and then backup cashier. Wouldn't it be nice to focus on my work? Oh well, we left a flat and a half of push for the weekend team. They'll either push it or leave it sitting in the backroom. We'll push it Monday morning in that case.

Lol, that's cute. Back to back, as I'm trying to set intimates, I did ... a call in bedding, walk a hold up front, do a guest carryout, and then backup cashier. Wouldn't it be nice to focus on my work? Oh well, we left a flat and a half of push for the weekend team. They'll either push it or leave it sitting in the backroom. We'll push it Monday morning in that case.
Sometimes I wonder if we didn't have a "visit" that concentrated on our workcenters, would our neglected workcenters get any attention at all? Just thinking out loud I guess...

I've seen it where literally everyone in the store was on a lane and we were still backed up in to softlines. Nightmarish day that was.

Just a ridiculous day for doing cashier backups. I sometimes wonder if Target management even cares if our primary workload gets done. At one point, out of 6 pog/pricing tm's, 5 of us were either on lanes or carry outs. As long as we're cashiering, who cares if we are behind on ticketing and setting? And then we get asked, "Why are you behind?" When you say, "Carry outs, guest service, cashiering," the withering look I got is ... None of that matters.

No they don't. When you get really behind just throw a bunch of bodies at it. Repeat until you are constantly wandering from one smart huddle to another. My Friday.. Push 4 pallets of frozen, then work all the softlines reshop, then just sit on a register all day. In-Stocks what is that? Oh yeah just what I was I hired for. I got a text from my TL "Did you do the list yesterday?" He was off.. "Nope not when you get told you are flow team then softlines for six and half hours." I haven't heard back from him..

Getting guests out with a better impression on checkout seems to matter more than actually having product set on shelves in the right places. Doesn't matter if they leave empty-handed, so long as they left in a reasonable amount of time, would be the silly thinking, I suppose.

I have to add, I don't care if it gets done or not. If shape wear never gets reset, I clock out and leave regardless. My boss knows because she's right there with us.

My issue is that when things are behind, we invariably are asked, "Why are you behind?" As if they don't know they schedule one cashier on Friday.

Depends on your store. At mine POG and pricing don't even have cashier logins. ETLS get on registers before they do.

All it takes is one cashier call out and we know Hardlines and Softlines will be backing up the majority of their shift.

It's the same at our store. Also flow is not register trained.

Everyone is register trained at my store, but not everyone has a walkie. PMT, receiver, POG, Flow, BR will all cashier if necessary.

No they don't. When you get really behind just throw a bunch of bodies at it. Repeat until you are constantly wandering from one smart huddle to another. My Friday.. Push 4 pallets of frozen, then work all the softlines reshop, then just sit on a register all day. In-Stocks what is that? Oh yeah just what I was I hired for. I got a text from my TL "Did you do the list yesterday?" He was off.. "Nope not when you get told you are flow team then softlines for six and half hours." I haven't heard back from him..
Spots solution to everything I suppose... I guess "Smart Huddle" is more "politically correct" than "uuugghhh, I/we FFUUCCKKEDD UP" :cool:o_O

Everyone is register trained at my store, but not everyone has a walkie. PMT, receiver, POG, Flow, BR will all cashier if necessary.

Interesting our PMT was telling us he isn't allowed to cashier even if he wanted tone due to his position. He's a lazy bumbrella though.

I could totally see those other stores helping in a lower volume store where it's all hands on deck no matter who you are.

Our PMT is awesome. He helps with carry outs and gets carts too. Mostly though, he is great at the PMT stuff. After a few who couldn't fix anything, he's amazing.
To actually have ppl go "out" of their "comfort" zones to assist with another workcenter gains you the respect and appreciation of not only your peers but everyone. It might not feel like much but that karma pays dividends down the line when you in turn need help for "whatever" you are doing and you are helped.

To actually have ppl go "out" of their "comfort" zones to assist with another workcenter gains you the respect and appreciation of not only your peers but everyone. It might not feel like much but that karma pays dividends down the line when you in turn need help for "whatever" you are doing and you are helped.

No, what I get is that later, the ETL or STL see all the displays backed up and ask me why they aren't done. And when I say because I was cashiering, am I to assume one of the cashiers will put them up for me? No, I get told that the Planograms need to be 100%

I'm kidding, they won't say that, they are busy cashiering too. lol

Our pricing team has never gone up for back up. We have been pulled once to help market out for about an hour.

Our pricing team has never gone up for back up. We have been pulled once to help market out for about an hour.

I'm coming to your store cause I could actually finish on time! Plano works 6-2:30 and Pricing 8-4:30 at my store, so pricing winds up on a register more, especially from 1 or 2 o'clock on. Usually there's one softlines and one hardlines tm on the floor with us, and half the time one isn't cashier trained, so its basically all on us unless a TL feels like hopping on. We (pricing) also wind up helping with huddle push for 30 min to an hour.

Pricing/Plano teams exempted from backup at my store as well. STL/ ETLs and other TLs get on back up if it gets really crazy, even during all hands on deck.

LOL at ETLs backing up. Happens maybe once or twice a year at my store. SrTLs will backup if they are not LOD.

no one in my store cares about peak hours. they will have multiple people on lunch instead of staggering it. hey a guest needs.. well we have one person for them.

Getting guests out with a better impression on checkout seems to matter more than actually having product set on shelves in the right places. Doesn't matter if they leave empty-handed, so long as they left in a reasonable amount of time, would be the silly thinking, I suppose.

If Target was smart, both would matter equally. It's all about ensuring an amazing (Target approved term) shopping experience for our guests. Without them, we have no reason to be there. I get it. The solution is to invest in people, technology, equipment, and payroll. I know I am a broken record about this, but the solution is staring them in the face but they want to roll with kitschy commercials and polarizing political statements. You're retail. Just put the shit on the shelf in the right spot, have people there to help people find their shit, and ring their shit up. It's not rocket science.

Most of the backup at my store is caused by lazy GSTLs/GSAs. They won't speedweave/send 10 or less to the service desk. Then, we end up needing 2 or 3 extra cashiers at one time and they have to stick around for 20 mins at a time. the front end leaders just stand around...and for some reason never get coached for it.

Most of the backup at my store is caused by lazy GSTLs/GSAs. They won't speedweave/send 10 or less to the service desk. Then, we end up needing 2 or 3 extra cashiers at one time and they have to stick around for 20 mins at a time. the front end leaders just stand around...and for some reason never get coached for it.
ASANTS. I don't agree with this statement. In our store, our front end leaders do speed weave and direct guests. Sending guests to GS for 10 or less is not a good idea as there is usually one person there and they are already helping guests. Most of the time we need guest first is because we are short staffed because hours are cut, or, during busy traffic times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back