Rotating DBO'S ...The end of TL = True modernization

Seems like you have a bad leadership team or feel jealous that you have to work hard and they seem to just walk around. I am a fairly new TL, but i can tell you dont grasp the amount of planning and follow through it takes to run the team as it is. Your plan would just benefit the non-working team members more then helping those who work hard which i think is your goal as all the workload will move to the few that work be it team lead or strong team members. As a leader my success relies entirely on the success of my team member. It is in no benefit for me to set them up to fail. I bust my ass to get shit done and tbh i feel have higher expectations then other leaders in my store, and expect my team to do the same. Its a work in progress because covid has really limited the amount of true dbos i have. Im a food and beverage TL so weve done nothing but get busier while losing tms left and right. I applaud your ideas i just dont think theyd have the outcomes your expecting but thats just speculation, but not all team leads just cheer lead around as you say.
As for @Cinnamon2005 that sucks it happened to a lot of TLs and it sucks even worse that they are now bringing back allowing TLs to get more hands on again, mostly because of covid and lack of people, but still sucks that you got fired for something that now is allowed again, maybe even expected at least in my area.

Last edited:
Rotating DBO'S is a great idea because they know and can do everything that Target requires of them since Target is driven by sales these DBO'S would move constantly to improve the area and drive sales. By eliminating the team leaders these Pros could get the job done. There are great Team - Leaders and cheerleaders who do not work. This is the problem ...Dead wood. ! Under my plan Team leaders would be offered 1st shot at the new job and then team members. What it does is create a Major and Minor league employees who have a clear path to advancement without regard to race , age, or handicaps or favortism. The ETL would be the Head coach.... (1).....The store director would own everything....The team leaders who could
Work would drive sales and TEACH !!! The DBO'S who are the Go To would be promoted instantly. Target is not paying me for a pandemic that has run AMOK and my dedication to their company has not changed So I adapt. So change NOW!!! Or endure as Target does not think things thru for TRUE MODERENIZATION and inclusive rights to their employees for a true path to advancement.

After reading this entire thread, this sounds like a TM who doesn’t understand the ins-outs of a TL role. Also possibly upset about not being promoted. Anyway, there will always be TMs that out work TLs, however being task-oriented is not all what a TL does. Over a year ago, I moved from Food and Beverage TL to Closing TL. I went from a team leader who was very task oriented in role to make things move more efficiently, to being ina supporting role. I train, coach and as you would say “cheer”, even though I still work very hard since I am the only leader in the building and have to make sure the team members in each department are finishing tasks.
I work love for you to work a Friday night with me especially during this pandemic.

Over a few years' time, most of the TLs I've worked with have been very hard-working. They are not mere "cheerleaders who do not work" or "dead wood".

I can be very critical of many things at Target. I also realize that when our outspoken and intelligent OP denounces poor leadership and suggests major changes in store-level supervision and management, OP is being what I'd call "passionate but not persuasive". My hunch is OP has become disappointed and disillusioned about their own career at Target, for a variety of possible causes.

No workplace or business on the face of the earth is totally free from human problems like cliquishness, favoritism, tribalism, envy, covering up mistakes, exaggerating performance results, or just plain being mean or intolerant towards co-workers.

Since Target is very flexible for scheduling students enrolled in school, perhaps it would be useful to take a few business courses at a local community college, while also finding a better career opportunity.

Last edited:
Rotating DBO'S is a great idea because they know and can do everything that Target requires of them since Target is driven by sales these DBO'S would move constantly to improve the area and drive sales. By eliminating the team leaders these Pros could get the job done. There are great Team - Leaders and cheerleaders who do not work. This is the problem ...Dead wood. ! Under my plan Team leaders would be offered 1st shot at the new job and then team members. What it does is create a Major and Minor league employees who have a clear path to advancement without regard to race , age, or handicaps or favortism. The ETL would be the Head coach.... (1).....The store director would own everything....The team leaders who could
Work would drive sales and TEACH !!! The DBO'S who are the Go To would be promoted instantly. Target is not paying me for a pandemic that has run AMOK and my dedication to their company has not changed So I adapt. So change NOW!!! Or endure as Target does not think things thru for TRUE MODERENIZATION and inclusive rights to their employees for a true path to advancement.
Do not under any circumstances give the brain dead corporate drones that scrape this board any ideas.

I’m just slightly confused. If, as you say, your TL’s do nothing and you are single handedly able to fix every single one of Target’s problems AND critique the performance of your entire leadership staff, my question to you is: what are you actually doing when you’re clocked in? Because it sounds like you yell a good game but mostly just float around and complain about how someone who is not in the same position as you is terrible at their position because they aren’t doing as much as you, which, again, seems to be very little.

Back