Rotating DBO'S ...The end of TL = True modernization

Rotating DBO'S is a great idea because they know and can do everything that Target requires of them since Target is driven by sales these DBO'S would move constantly to improve the area and drive sales. By eliminating the team leaders these Pros could get the job done. There are great Team - Leaders and cheerleaders who do not work. This is the problem ...Dead wood. ! Under my plan Team leaders would be offered 1st shot at the new job and then team members. What it does is create a Major and Minor league employees who have a clear path to advancement without regard to race , age, or handicaps or favortism. The ETL would be the Head coach.... (1).....The store director would own everything....The team leaders who could
Work would drive sales and TEACH !!! The DBO'S who are the Go To would be promoted instantly. Target is not paying me for a pandemic that has run AMOK and my dedication to their company has not changed So I adapt. So change NOW!!! Or endure as Target does not think things thru for TRUE MODERENIZATION and inclusive rights to their employees for a true path to advancement.

This is just a demotion of TLs. What would happen is RDBOs wouldn't be TLs anymore so can't coach/write up people. That would go directly to ETLs. They already have a lot of responsibilities.

NO...this would eliminate non- working team leaders who are cheerleaders they are a dinosaurs who believe u lead thru example...this is wrong ...a leader must work not just talk....no one respects a person of any breed who talks the talk but can't or won't work. Team leaders are a major problem because they feel they can't be touched....wrong!!!! We need the human resources to have authority over these ppl ...They need to be eliminated because they are out of touch ....the pandemic problems...in my store just make the problems worse....The fool leading the team made us wave push....ASSMO..should be been fired right then...Hello...pandemic in Florida...I am sorry but leadership is piss poor... And I don't give a shit about your promotion ....so fuck u team leaders....right now YOU ARE THE......problem...and proper leadership....is widely lacking due 2 common sense but I will continue 2 work even though the goverment will make it impossible to sue your emp!oyer...now who feels like a slave !!!!

The whole point of a DBO is they know an area intimately. Can't get that detailed of a level of knowledge when you expand to all areas. There's no way to squish all that in the human brain.

NO...this would eliminate non- working team leaders who are cheerleaders they are a dinosaurs who believe u lead thru example...this is wrong ...a leader must work not just talk....no one respects a person of any breed who talks the talk but can't or won't work. Team leaders are a major problem because they feel they can't be touched....wrong!!!! We need the human resources to have authority over these ppl ...They need to be eliminated because they are out of touch ....the pandemic problems...in my store just make the problems worse....The fool leading the team made us wave push....ASSMO..should be been fired right then...Hello...pandemic in Florida...I am sorry but leadership is piss poor... And I don't give a shit about your promotion ....so fuck u team leaders....right now YOU ARE THE......problem...and proper leadership....is widely lacking due 2 common sense but I will continue 2 work even though the goverment will make it impossible to sue your emp!oyer...now who feels like a slave !!!!

Your general response and thought process indicates that you have no idea what it takes to be a TL or what goes into the work of TLs. Your ASANTS approach to the DBO status shows your lack of understanding of Modernization too.

I being a TL lack empathy to your ‘opinion’ and general complaint. Best of luck to whatever you do at your store, which doesn’t seem to be productive.

Less etl’s, more tl's without the pay.

Sorry your leadership sucks but that's not all leaders. Did I grab myself a cliche Starbucks today? Damn right I did. After I remerched half a floorpad, statused with all of my Dbos about weekend game plan/opportunities in their areas, completed audits, pulls and a stack of revisions, completed a schedule and set up some interviews.

My whole point here is ....if you are a top DBO...a team leader is not required ...any problems go thru the Etl or the Head coach. We own everything no need interference from a team leader who is it out of touch and is not pushing sales only using talk.... To motivate

Are team leaders afraid of working ? Some are ...others bust their asses same as etl's...by eliminating the team leader job..everyone has a clear and present way to fast advancement thru the rotating Dedicated business owner program, this would reward experienced employees and set a clear standard for new employees ...only cheerleading fucking team leaders would object ...work or leave !!!!

Also, you do realize that in old premodernization structure most current team leaders directly owned multiple departments? Unless all of your TLs are new hires most of them have put in a LOT of physical day to day grinding work. Sorry if I'm playing devil's advocate here but I'm desperately trying to get just MY dbos up to standard for modernization, most around the store are barely at "meets requirements" by the book. This new TL role is a half step between the old role and an ETL.

Are team leaders afraid of working ? Some are ...others bust their asses same as etl's...by eliminating the team leader job..everyone has a clear and present way to fast advancement thru the rotating Dedicated business owner program, this would reward experienced employees and set a clear standard for new employees ...only cheerleading fucking team leaders would object ...work or leave !!!!
Aaaaannnnnd...bite me. That was too far. You're clearly on the rampage and not up for a civil discussion.

Sorry your leadership sucks but that's not all leaders. Did I grab myself a cliche Starbucks today? Damn right I did. After I remerched half a floorpad, statused with all of my Dbos about weekend game plan/opportunities in their areas, completed audits, pulls and a stack of revisions, completed a schedule and set up some interviews.
Shouldn't your DBO complete audits, do pulls, complete revisions, and remerch their areas?

It’s clear that you don’t really understand or follow the purpose or role(s) is of a DBO or TL. And I’m not sure if it’s your unwillingness to comprehend or your continued ASANTS opinion of whatever is transpiring in your store and State.

DBOs maintain a portion of department that encompassing all aspects of that area. SLPs, Revisions, Truck Push, and so forth. Beforehand, most GMTMs pushed and maintained a zone, but now with Modernization & respectful wage increases, that GMTM and for sake of further explaining roles, any TM on the SF took on the role of DBO that entails more responsibility within the department they already pushed in.

TLs own the entirety of the business for portions of the store and hold their DBOs accountable to meeting overall goals, standards, and expectations. TLs can/do work (yes physically work) with their team to achieve this goal set and expected by Target and their ETLs.

TLs responsibilities increased with Modernization to a point of near ETL expectations.

Myself for example writes the schedule for Specialty Sales, Plans Set Workload, Sets Set Workload to develop my DBOs, partners with Total Store operations with each Leader, Vendor and VM, has closing LOD shifts, Plans in advanced for future Quarters operations, training to navigate through this Pandemic and current social climate and am beginning early stages of ETL training.

But yes, because it is/is not happening at your store than it must be radically happening at all stores so thus you are somehow well rounded and knowledgeable about the Ins/Outs of being a TL for Spot.

I digress.

From another thread about pay, by op.
Just wondering, been put out to pasture and older but not in retirement range yet. Last year my hours got cut so bad I made more $ 6 years ago. Never disciplined, and got raises every year. Seems like this comes from the top, since I am on good terms with management. Just can not get any hours. Despite what corporate has said about full time employees becoming part-time, that makes me wonder more about older employees being forced out, since of course they won't provide those numbers.

It’s already happening at my store . Team leaders does nothing they make the schedule and become cheerleaders to everyone mostly higher ups. While the team members does all the work planning training adapting.

@Targetbullseye You lack overall understanding of leadership and even the skill set that comes with it - for what I can assume it is because you’ve either just started at Spot or in retail itself and I’m not sure that I’m wrong with that observation based off of your ‘thoughts and opinions’ of operations in regards to DBOs vs TL and ‘how Spot should do it’

If I’m wrong, then maybe it’s just how you articulate yourself in writing.. but I’ve been in retail for 15 years and this is the ramblings of someone who thinks they know what they’re talking about or how things work on a management or operational level.

I advise you to spend some time on WB reading up on Core Roles of each DBO position and then compare it to Core Roles of a TL and find your answer there.

If you were my DBO, I would be having a Seek to Understand with your thoughts.

Shouldn't your DBO complete audits, do pulls, complete revisions, and remerch their areas?
Yes, in a perfect world that I'm working toward 😂 But I'm in a store that's relatively newer to me and when I got here processes and core roles were terribly broken. I cycled to a really good team after tough conversations and a lot of training. Then covid hit. Down to less than half a team and some are 18-20 and have only ever done basic cashiering/ zoning in mall stores. Baby steps. Introducing new things every couple of days.

It’s already happening at my store . Team leaders does nothing they make the schedule and become cheerleaders to everyone mostly higher ups. While the team members does all the work planning training adapting.
I was a TL for nearly 14 years. I was put on CA in the spring & fired in June for performance issues. Among those issues were "being too hands on & not delegating all tasks". I had no input on schedules. I did, however, do all of the training, most of the resets with my team & worked my ass off to have a great team. My reward was losing my job.

I was a TL for nearly 14 years. I was put on CA in the spring & fired in June for performance issues. Among those issues were "being too hands on & not delegating all tasks". I had no input on schedules. I did, however, do all of the training, most of the resets with my team & worked my ass off to have a great team. My reward was losing my job.
I'm sorry with everything you went through. From what I've read, you sounded like a good TL.

Back