Archived Rude guests... Hard time biting my tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should start by saying I'm 5'5", about 110lbs and have the upper arm strength of a kitten.
Well I had a a couple in my lane who were both physically fit. The husband plops 25lbs of cat litter on my belt, I use my wand to scan it before asking the man politely if he could move it for me because I wasn't strong enough. The wife butts in saying "You'll never get any stronger if everybody does everything for you! This is your job!"
Not wanting to irritate them, I attempted to lift it and wrecked my back instead. While hunched over gasping for air and clutching my screaming back, the women has the nerve to retort: "Well maybe if you weren't so da$n Anorexic, you'd be able to lift it! Pathetic."
For the record, she didn't touch it once, her husband moved it. T.T
I couldn't bend down for two weeks without horrible, horrible pain.

The other guests I tend to get like to stare at my chest, I actually had one man wink at me after I caught him staring...

I've also had a family who I guess assumed I didn't speak French and proceeded to talk about how I must be easy because I have a large chest and that they're probably fake and for my 'pole dancing' job at night. Seriously... Before they left I told them "They're not fake and I'm having a reduction surgery, I do college at night to become a Paramedic oh and Have a lovely day." in French.

I think that was the first time I didn't bite my tongue and I regret it because it was unprofessional but it just bugged me. =\

How do you guys bite your tongues when a guest REALLY pushes you?

Screw biting your tongue, just figure out ways to say things that won't get you fired.

I've heard a number of the older cashiers say "You can put the (case of water, box of kitty litter, etc.) back in the cart and I'll be glad to scan it from there."
That seems to work, most of the time.

My daughter likes to bend at the knees until she meets the guys eyes and then glare at them until they get the message when they do the chest staring thing.
You do it quick enough it tends to shame them to no end (or they call you a lesbian and run away).

I love how you nailed the folks who stupid enough to assume you didn't speak French, good job.

Last edited:
I've heard a number of the older cashiers say "You can put the (case of water, box of kitty litter, etc.) back in the cart and I'll be glad to scan it from there."

I've seen that --

Or ---"I twisted my back beating the crap out of a rude customer ( don't say guest - that only will confuse them ) last week " - or - " I banged up my knee in my last decathlon - would you mind ---"

And as my father used to say -- "The bigger they are the harder they hit -- but it only takes 3 oz. to shoot a 38 cal." --

"Disclaimer" --- Spot -- I'm not suggesting guests should be shot --- at anytime ----- while there in the store --- blood is way to hard to wash out of the tile seams --- "Don't Ask" --

Last edited:
I'm a vertically challenged person too and there are times I've had to lift items that are too heavy for me. Usually if I can get it close enough I can use my whole body to lift and not just my arms or legs. Still there are times when the guest is well able to lift it that I'll just scan it and leave it on the belt. When they're ready to leave I'll say "don't forget the litter!" all with an innocent smile.

I had a rude guest today. I was ringing up this very large order for a lady when this other woman appears at my register, I thought at first that they were together. She asks me if there's tax on water, I say I'm not sure but I don't think so. She says "good here's $1.50 for this I am in a hurry." I tell her I can't help her because I'm in the middle of a transaction. She snaps at me "can't you just take the money so I can leave." Politely I say "no I'm sorry but maybe the guy at guest service can help you." (normally I would never just send someone up there but she was about to go off on me.) She storms off and I finish with the guest I had. Later when I asked the GSA who was up there about her, he said she tried to hand him the money too and got angry when he insisted on ringing the water up. Some people just think that they deserve special treatment.

Yeh, we just HAPPEN to have a few blood-based 'oopsies' around FA (no, I DON'T know where that obnoxious TL is & no, you CAN'T go look in the deep freeze....yet).

Yeh, we just HAPPEN to have a few blood-based 'oopsies' around FA (no, I DON'T know where that obnoxious TL is & no, you CAN'T go look in the deep freeze....yet).

Can I send one of my ex girlfriends in there to grab me something to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back