Archived Rumors that spot will remain open Sunday's until 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know if this is piloted. I overheard HR discussing that our store will begin closing on Sunday's at 11 pm. I know the Super T where I live already closes at 11 on Sunday. Has anyone else heard or already going through this?

This kind of stuff happens every year at different stores. Happened at mine last year.

Former store was among the early test stores to stay open 'til 11pm M-F.
Can't believe they wanna bump payroll for one more hour on Sunday.
Really, spot?

This has been the case in my store for over a year now.

Midnight closing? Kill me now. At my store, they are floating the 11 pm close time but only on Fri/Sat.

Last year my store extended every day by an hour (Now Sundays we close at 11, every other day we close at midnight). The last two hours are a ghost town. It would probably be more profitable to close at 10:00. I don't think we sell enough merch to pay for staffing.

My store has been 8-12 for over a year now. It's as much fun as it sounds.

My store closes at 11pm every night. I can only hope and pray that we stay open until midnight one day.

We've been open till 11 on sun since 2013. Close at midnight the rest of the week. Every year more and more stores do it because spot thinks it will create billions in extra revenue. In my store we are dead on sun from 9 on and during the week it's dead after 10

About two years ago my store was 8-10 most days, 8-9 on sundays. They bumped that up to 8-11 Saturdays and 8-10 all other days... and the traffic doesn't justify the hourly increase at all, especially when you consider the overhead costs for that extra hour. If we get another hour.... well, RIP store, I guess?

We started that last year as a "May through BTS"... It never stopped. We are permanently until 11 on weekends.

Great feedback. I'm not a fan of the late closings. I wondered why they haven't thought of Early opens like 7am vs the 11-midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back