Archived Running the front

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBZ

So how is this working out for you all? Is management suggesting someone take the lead role? Is someone just doing it because they can handle it? What happens when no one "wants to". I don't mind helping run the front sometimes, but I don't like it so much when it is busy. Today, they had no SETL till 1. No manager even came near the front end. We had 2.5 new cashiers today (2 were new and one meh one). We have literally been given no direction other than "you should know what to do" which is fine in theory, but now summer seasonals are coming in and there are other new cashiers who don't know what to do. I feel like this is an experiment that could go horribly wrong some days.

I'm also a little irritated that the cashiers who are performing well are getting very little recognition. If you are an SETL, TL, ETL or SD, please tell your team they are doing a good job. A little verbal recognition or one of those little you cards could really make someone's day.

I’ll tell you how it’s going for me. On the weekends, I have all the help I need, but I’m not scheduled until 10 or 11. During the week the early hours are fine up until @2 and then it starts to fall apart with very few midshifts and people swapping shifts like candy. Then factor in not replacing shifts. And mycheckout being down until today. I was a cashier for most of my shift today. Meanwhile, the perception is that I’m not present at the lanes. Ok.

We're just scheduling our GSAs in GS w/drive up hours and a shift label. I'm scared for the day we try to do it for real.

We're just scheduling our GSAs in GS w/drive up hours and a shift label. I'm scared for the day we try to do it for real.
That is a creative solution. At least your store is giving it some thought. We don't have drive up and we don't have any GSAs. The ones we had quit because of modernization.

was working out fine at the store i used to be at. new sore isn’t really onboard either modernization yet so

It works until the SETL muddies up the roles. It works until the SETL doesn't respond when we have an issue that demands management call.

But several tms are as good or better than the former GSAs. We had some real losers in that spot, from the time I started at Target. I had concluded myself that the position was harmful to actual guest service.

Apparently Target saw what I saw.

The SETLs at my store are pushing who they believe are they responsible people, i.e. the people who know what they're doing and have been there for a decent amount of time, to take care of the front end in the event that they're not around, which is like all of the time because they're in the office doing things. While we do still schedule, kind of, GSAs, they're starting to change it up with those other people. I do know that they've given out some supervisor numbers, while they still can, to those individuals so they have the capability of overriding things without them.

Additionally, my store is also teaching some team members up front, again on the more responsible ones but more than those that got supervisor numbers, on how to close the registers and is making sure that everyone knows how to run guest service. Even if they just started they're probably going to be placed over there within the second week of them being there to train a little bit.

But other than that, there always seems to be at least one SETL scheduled in some capacity, at least in the morning from like 7:30 or whatever until 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back