S/E TL emails

JSM

To all my fellow TLs. I just finished training but didn’t get any info on opening and closing emails. But I know that some TLs write them. What are you supposed to include in opening/closing emails.

every store is different

when we did them (we haven’t for a while) it was:

metrics
attendance
observations
etc

We have a format set up by our old closing tl. We pretty much have copy and pasted that email for 2 years and change the info as needed.
As for opening emails im assuming you mean emails for when you leave for the day?
If so i would say attendance is probably the most important part. Probably some metrics. Recognition is a pretty good one to include that is missed in many emails. Anything else that may be important, plans for the night, ect.

Some stores don’t even send closing emails anymore since you can put things into the “notes” in MPM. I liked the closing emails and prefer them. Our closing lead doesn’t put anything in the notes but we still check it for attendance that any lead might have entered. On weekends though we have a couple leads that do actually put info in there.
When I was a closing lead however I used the same format nightly and just changed up the info. It had attendance, sales, red cards, recognition, sometime AP info and then we rated the zone in areas and called out if there was anything that needed attention first thing in the morning.

When I send my emails it really is just a quick recap of the day. Nothing lengthy just the highlights.

-workload
-register issues
-attendance
-observations and conversations
-recognition. I usually do this so that the other leaders know who has gotten guest comments. But I also do it to let the leaders on the floor know who was responding for backup. Its kinda my way of saying hey if the work didn't get done it may be because person X was up for backup a lot today.
-guest issues. If I have a conversation with a guest who intends to come in later I let the team know who the guest is... what the issue is... and what I said we would do for them. That way we are all on the same page.

Back