Archived Sales Floor Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the last couple of nights this bothers me..

Horribly hate how we close. Our old ETL-HR would zone B (School Supplies, Kitchen, etc) and Chem
However the New ETL-HR and TLODs over the weekend would do reshop only.

The last two nights, the HBA (A) closer would be responsible for A and B (School Supplies, Kitchen, etc)
but usually would not be able to get there.

One hardlines closer in C & D (Bath, Towels, Auto, Storage Bins, Bed, etc)

Then me in Electronics E & F and Baby World.

Market is no longer being zoned.. unless they feel like it.

Both days this past weekend, the ETL and TLOD would each both do reshop only. Sunday night, the TLOD zoned market however (even though saturday no one zoned it?) and Chem, saturday they just pushed reshop.

So basically i am asking you guys
Why do LODs and TLODS just do reshop only when they could zone or one of them zone and one push reshop?

I wish our TLODs would zone or do anything to work with instead of around/above the closing team, but I've only seen it happen twice. Unfortunate case of ASANTS.

My store changes depending on if there's a truck the next day. LOG wants a good zone so we zone the night before a truck, otherwise it's reshop all night and zone in between.

mines been the same, well for the most part. we all have at least three LODs who will hop in and help zone and then we have the other three who do nothing but dictate and not even do reshop. they will literally just sit in their office and ask us how abandons are doing.

When I'm LOD I hop in with each TM and help them w/ their zone. I find the team gets through a better zone when they know I'm not just zipping by or being stuck in one area. Whenever I commit to zoning an entire area myself I get constantly pulled so for me it's better to take the time to work alongside everyone. At my store leaving abandons at the end of your close is a coaching convo now so I do tend to push abandons more than zone, but I also walk every department to collect and push abandons so it does save the team time on their zone.

Our LODs don't zone and most do not help out at all except some will go around collecting reshop from other areas from everyone unless there is a real reason for them to, such as a crap ton of reshop or a bunch of call outs. Not sure TLOD is really a thing in my store. I mean, we know that any TL on the floor is second-in-command if you will to the LOD. If there are a lot of HL closers, the HLTLs will only jump in where needed with the zone and will instead work reshop. Our SLTLs absolutely always have a zone. Market no longer has closers, therefore market does not get zoned, unless there is magically spare time and a zealous LOD decides to do it him/herself or assign it to someone.

Our HL breakdown:
Electronics closer also has seasonal and home improvement/storage
One person has toys, sporting goods, and pets
One person has HBA, chems, and paper
One person has stationary/kitchen/domestics
...If they have less than four people, I believe they do not assign anyone to toys/sporting goods/pets and either wave it together or have whoever is done with their own area first work over there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back