Salvage and CRC

Well, this thread is clear as mud.
When I'm doing salvage in price change, everything CRC gets a label printed. I don't usually have very many things that land in that category though so my experience is limited. (I do OTC and Personal Care.) And it goes in the CRC box.
But not everything going to salvage gets a label printed. Just did this a few days ago and had maybe 10 or 12 bags of one kind of cough drop. I don't think any labels at all printed, but my zebra indicated that they had been salvaged. When I was trained how to do price change by a former price change TM, I was told this was okay. And my store's receiver has never contradicted that.
So is this maybe one of those ASANTS things?
The price change process is mostly clear, except when it comes to how we get credit for price change via CRC.
Well that last part in particular is concerning since you work in OTC. OTC salvage product shouldn't be going in either. Per best practice and this is stated on the Price Change/Salvage poster, OTC items should be disposed via ESIM.

The price change process is mostly clear, except when it comes to how we get credit for price change via CRC.
Well that last part in particular is concerning since you work in OTC. OTC salvage product shouldn't be going in either. Per best practice and this is stated on the Price Change/Salvage poster, OTC items should be disposed via ESIM.
Almost all of my stuff goes into the ESIM bin when I'm defecting out product. But I've put stuff into the salvage box numerous times, including when our receiver is right there and sees me do it. No way would they let that fly if it wasn't okay. But I'll clarify it with them to make sure.
CRC stuff I've had are things like electric toothbrushes or shavers, not vitamins or Pepto.

They have updated processes lately and added new types of stickers that may print out. They also sent out updated posters fairly recently that show which items can be salvaged vs what needs to be put through ESIM. It wasn't especially clear before for certain items, but within the past few months they are really been pushing this processes and making it clearer. But there is still the issue of stickers not printing out all of the time.

CRC has always been a big thing, I knew the sticker needed to go next to the barcode so we could get credit. Put I just found a few weeks ago along with my SD that they items actually get scanned twice. Once by the DC and once by whoever picks them up from there.

Is there any reporting on how much we get credit for vs. not? I have put numerous items on CRC pallets that I processed and counted correctly, but for various reasons, never put a sticker on. Either because I didn't know or there was a technical issue. Yet, I have certainly never heard about it from any of my store's leadership or from the destination location. What do they with unstickered items? Throw them in a landfill? They must still be processing them and sending them off somewhere. They can't figure out what store they came from? I just don't understand any of this...

Is there any reporting on how much we get credit for vs. not? I have put numerous items on CRC pallets that I processed and counted correctly, but for various reasons, never put a sticker on. Either because I didn't know or there was a technical issue. Yet, I have certainly never heard about it from any of my store's leadership or from the destination location. What do they with unstickered items? Throw them in a landfill? They must still be processing them and sending them off somewhere. They can't figure out what store they came from? I just don't understand any of this...
There is a report for that, but I'm not sure who has access to it. I know that AP does, because my store's AP ETL will bring it up occasionally especially if the number is high. If there isn't a sticker, the store does not get credit for it. I'm not sure what happens with unstickered items. But even with the stickered items the different vendors might have different ways they want it dealt with. Some might get thrown out at the DC, but others might go back to the actual vendor. Again, I don't know for sure, this is just a guess.

You can reprint stickers for items if they do not print while you are defecting something. You actually have a couple of days to go back in and reprint stickers for items.

Does anyone have a definitive answer yet on whether the CRC sticker is absolutely required for "Salvage at CRC" items? We've been having so much trouble with stickers not printing correctly from the price change process. And there's no history to pull from to reprint the stickers if they don't print correctly, the only way to reprint a sticker is to re-salvage the item.

I can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved yet. What's worse no sticker or having the team redo them?? I'm told to let the leads know so they can inform their team. Just sending it out as is. I'm glad that they no longer have to change the type of stickers anymore. White stickers were very difficult to peel off and move closer to the upc. Yellow stickers tear so easily. We can't win.

They have updated processes lately and added new types of stickers that may print out. They also sent out updated posters fairly recently that show which items can be salvaged vs what needs to be put through ESIM. It wasn't especially clear before for certain items, but within the past few months they are really been pushing this processes and making it clearer. But there is still the issue of stickers not printing out all of the time.

CRC has always been a big thing, I knew the sticker needed to go next to the barcode so we could get credit. Put I just found a few weeks ago along with my SD that they items actually get scanned twice. Once by the DC and once by whoever picks them up from there.
Can you give me the part number for the new poster? I never received one...

Back