Salvage and CRC

DBZ

When you are placing the CRC or salvage sticker on the item that you are defecting out, where do you place the sticker? I know the sticker is really important for CRC, but is it for salvage? I'd love to hear from someone who knows beyond a shadow of a doubt. Like did you see communication on workday, did you get a message from the CRC folks and were told "how to do it right", or do you work at the CRC place? Apparently, I've been "doing it wrong for 4 years" 🤦‍♀️ The stickers need to go next to each other like "dpcilllllll" "CRCllllll". They want us to do the same for salvage which is more annoying because we legit have to reticket returns and the two stickers don't fit next to each other on a paper tag.

^^ Yes. We got into a lot of trouble a couple of months ago for not doing it "right" so now we have to do DPCI/CRC or DPCI/Salvage side by side or top to bottom. On a paper tag we just do one on one side and the other on the other. Not much you can do there tbh so "they" just have to deal.

We're only told to have the stickers near the barcode, not specifically in line next to it. I usually put it above the barcode.

TBH, we're still trying to get everyone on board with using the correct labels to print the stickers. Where they are placed on the item is a later problem. 😆

Last edited:
It’s been a while since I was service desk but, we had to put them by the barcode. Either above below or next to barcode.

The CRC sticker is required, and should be near the UPC barcode. Salvage sticker must not be required because it doesn't even print on everything that's Salvage. But please do include it on the item so I know it's been processed out. I've been backing up receiving part-time for a while now so I'm learning. White labels are best, but best practice does say yellow labels when processing price changes. If anyone from guest service read this, please please PLEASE make sure CRC is separated from Salvage, and placed on the correct pallet in receiving, and ESIM is placed in the ESIM sort area. Thanks!

Also, the big yellow paper CRC sticker that goes on the outside of the box means "There are multiple things in this box please open me and scan each one". It should not go on an individual item like a TV or bicycle, coffee pot, or a vacuum where it's the only item and it's in the original Box.

Last edited:
Salvage stickers don't always print and it is very confusing. TM processing price change no labels will print if going salvage. They think the printer is not working. I remind them to look at the bottom of the screen. It will say item scanned salvage. We all come across items laying around our area how do you know for sure it was processed? Sometimes a damaged item that is not food or esim will not print. Anothet example is item that the screen says donate but no label prints. Had a TM processing hba price change that if it was damaged would print a ST esim label. Nothing printed so put it on salvage box with hardiness and clothing items. The system is so confusing to explain to every single TM processing. There are so many exceptions.

This^. I wish it would print a label for every single item so there's no question about whether something's been processed out or not

I've been told both inline (in the past) and above (recently). My understanding is the warehouse is just blowing thru these boxes so as long as it's touching the barcode box they can find it. If not, your store gets no money. I spend about 3 hours everyday restickering every item because they either cover the barcode, nowhere near the barcode or wrong l(unscannable) label type. I send a report to all the ETLs with who's doing what since the changeover, but nothing is getting better. Fuess I should get ready for 50+ hours a week during Q4....

Salvage stickers don't always print and it is very confusing. TM processing price change no labels will print if going salvage. They think the printer is not working. I remind them to look at the bottom of the screen. It will say item scanned salvage. We all come across items laying around our area how do you know for sure it was processed? Sometimes a damaged item that is not food or esim will not print. Anothet example is item that the screen says donate but no label prints. Had a TM processing hba price change that if it was damaged would print a ST esim label. Nothing printed so put it on salvage box with hardiness and clothing items. The system is so confusing to explain to every single TM processing. There are so many exceptions.
If I'm salvaging and putting them in brown boxes myself with big green salvage stickers, do I still have to put individual salvage sticker on each item? Our receiver says I don't have to so it's throwing me off what's required or not.

If I'm salvaging and putting them in brown boxes myself with big green salvage stickers, do I still have to put individual salvage sticker on each item? Our receiver says I don't have to so it's throwing me off what's required or not.
Yes you do . The green sticker only means there’s multiple items in the box . Same goes for crc yellow label it only means there’s multiple in the box . That’s how dc knows they need to open the box to process all the items in such box
Your receiver needs additional training if he/she doesn’t know the meaning of the green salvage sticker and crc yellow sticker ..

Last edited:
Receivers which box are you putting items when the sticker says ESIM. Its the haunted houses from Bullseye noticed it's usually something that is battery operated. I'm thinking electronic recycle.

Receivers which box are you putting items when the sticker says ESIM. Its the haunted houses from Bullseye noticed it's usually something that is battery operated. I'm thinking electronic recycle.
Depends on what it is. Electronics reycle goes in CRC. Everything else is bagged and sealed and placed into ESIM SORT, especially if it has a barcode. Those have to be tracked into the correct ESIM bins. Yes, the change in the Pricing Salvage process is stupid. Now all special handling has to go ESIM....

So how does it work when you salvage 6 of whatever, in pricing, and no label prints?
How does it work when Karen returns a butt load of cat and jack? Can you just put a salvage sticker on those or do you need a upc?
When we go to defect out missed salvage, it does not put a barcode on those stickers.

Does DC open and go through salvage boxes?

Depends on what it is. Electronics reycle goes in CRC. Everything else is bagged and sealed and placed into ESIM SORT, especially if it has a barcode. Those have to be tracked into the correct ESIM bins. Yes, the change in the Pricing Salvage process is stupid. Now all special handling has to go ESIM....
It's not chemical at all. It's an item that has electrical components. E label did not print. It just says ESIM.

So how does it work when you salvage 6 of whatever, in pricing, and no label prints?
How does it work when Karen returns a butt load of cat and jack? Can you just put a salvage sticker on those or do you need a upc?
When we go to defect out missed salvage, it does not put a barcode on those stickers.

Does DC open and go through salvage boxes?
Everything you mentioned would go in Salvage. If the printer is working and it doesn't print a label then it doesn't need a label. We get credit for Salvage at the time it's processed in the store.

For CRC, the store doesn't get credit until it's sorted and scanned at the DC (or Recycling Center, whatever they call it now). If it doesn't get scanned correctly at the DC then the item removal expires and is voided and the item gets added back into our store inventory.

Everything you mentioned would go in Salvage. If the printer is working and it doesn't print a label then it doesn't need a label. We get credit for Salvage at the time it's processed in the store.

For CRC, the store doesn't get credit until it's sorted and scanned at the DC (or Recycling Center, whatever they call it now). If it doesn't get scanned correctly at the DC then the item removal expires and is voided and the item gets added back into our store inventory.
Holy shizzle, so if I salvage out 100 Sun Squad Water Slides in price change, but ran out of labels in my zebra printer while it was attempting to print CRC labels, the item is removed from inventory, I put it on the CRC pallet, whether it has a label or not. The unlabeled qty is added back into our inventory at a later date? That's freakin' crazy. Why can't they see that I processed the item in the price change application? The label seems absolutely secondary....

What if the barcode on the product isn't the UPC code for the product. For example I had a CRC for a set. Each item had a tag but it was a bundle and there wasn't a tag for the bundle I used the upc from the target app to make the return. I then placed the CRC sticker near one of the bar codes (which target doesn't recognize) and placed both items in the CRC box. Should I have printed out a label based on the UPC from the app and then placed the CRC sticker next to the label I just printed out from my device?

Holy shizzle, so if I salvage out 100 Sun Squad Water Slides in price change, but ran out of labels in my zebra printer while it was attempting to print CRC labels, the item is removed from inventory, I put it on the CRC pallet, whether it has a label or not. The unlabeled qty is added back into our inventory at a later date? That's freakin' crazy. Why can't they see that I processed the item in the price change application? The label seems absolutely secondary....
This is only referring to defective CRC items. The reports only reflect that particular process and the items that are not scanned are shortage. There hasn't been an official update on price change salvage via CRC affecting stores final inventory. I am sure we will eventually be scored on it since each of those labels has a unique barcode.

What if the barcode on the product isn't the UPC code for the product. For example I had a CRC for a set. Each item had a tag but it was a bundle and there wasn't a tag for the bundle I used the upc from the target app to make the return. I then placed the CRC sticker near one of the bar codes (which target doesn't recognize) and placed both items in the CRC box. Should I have printed out a label based on the UPC from the app and then placed the CRC sticker next to the label I just printed out from my device?
I don't know the actual answer on whether the item UPC is 100% required. I would have printed the UPC barcode for the bundle just as you mentioned.
Yes that's how it's been explained to me by leaders I respect as very knowledgeable. A broken CRC process can create huge losses.
This is only referring to defective CRC items. The reports only reflect that particular process and the items that are not scanned are shortage. There hasn't been an official update on price change salvage via CRC affecting stores final inventory. I am sure we will eventually be scored on it since each of those labels has a unique barcode.
I've been acting as if it applies to price change "Salvage via CRC" and re-salvaging anything that's on CRC without a sticker assuming the original removal (if it was even really done) will eventually get voided.
MUST HAVE A CRC STICKER is the law of the land as far as I know.

Last edited:
I've been acting as if it applies to price change "Salvage via CRC" and re-salvaging anything that's on CRC without a sticker assuming the original removal will eventually get voided.
MUST HAVE A CRC STICKER is the law of the land as far as I know.
Well as stated that is an assumption. I mean the thought process makes sense and I am curious if they do expire.

If they don't then what is happening is that your store is salvaging out more than what you physical have. Which option is better? To have everything stickered, but the final quantity that was salvage is higher. Or just key in what you physically have and hope there is no printing issues.

I am sure you are aware, but you are using the yellow price change stickers for salvage right? I have tms who use the UPC stickers that eventually will jam the printer under price change.

Well, this thread is clear as mud.
When I'm doing salvage in price change, everything CRC gets a label printed. I don't usually have very many things that land in that category though so my experience is limited. (I do OTC and Personal Care.) And it goes in the CRC box.
But not everything going to salvage gets a label printed. Just did this a few days ago and had maybe 10 or 12 bags of one kind of cough drop. I don't think any labels at all printed, but my zebra indicated that they had been salvaged. When I was trained how to do price change by a former price change TM, I was told this was okay. And my store's receiver has never contradicted that.
So is this maybe one of those ASANTS things?

Well as stated that is an assumption. I mean the thought process makes sense and I am curious if they do expire.

If they don't then what is happening is that your store is salvaging out more than what you physical have. Which option is better? To have everything stickered, but the final quantity that was salvage is higher. Or just key in what you physically have and hope there is no printing issues.

I am sure you are aware, but you are using the yellow price change stickers for salvage right? I have tms who use the UPC stickers that eventually will jam the printer under price change.
Yes, yellow labels for the price change. White labels for item removal

Well, this thread is clear as mud.
When I'm doing salvage in price change, everything CRC gets a label printed. I don't usually have very many things that land in that category though so my experience is limited. (I do OTC and Personal Care.) And it goes in the CRC box.
But not everything going to salvage gets a label printed. Just did this a few days ago and had maybe 10 or 12 bags of one kind of cough drop. I don't think any labels at all printed, but my zebra indicated that they had been salvaged. When I was trained how to do price change by a former price change TM, I was told this was okay. And my store's receiver has never contradicted that.
So is this maybe one of those ASANTS things?
That's the thing that makes it so confusing. It is okay. Sometimes Salvage doesn't print a label. That's perfectly fine for anything going on to the Salvage pallet. But if the my device says "salvage at CRC" then it has to have a label on it. The "item Salvaged" sticker for items going on to the Salvage pallet just lets people know that it has been processed out and it's correct disposition is Salvage. Without a sticker the only way to make an informed guess as to whether it has been processed out is by looking at the on hands, or checking in the item removal process for recent removals of that item, which won't show anything removed through price change app.

Back