Scam - Rain Check

so why dont we just call the store these come from and be like which one of ya'll hecked up

the ones in my store are coming from a store less than 10 miles away

like its printed on actual target receipt paper someone there had to have done it
One time after a guest came to me and told me our “sister” store told them we would match their clearence price (I believed the guest that they had told them, bc that store has always been a yes desk) and they yelled at me when I told them we couldn’t, I lost it and called the store and let some random poor GSTM have it. It’s one of my biggest regrets at work, I should have waited till I calmed down then told my ETL or at least talked to a GSTL at that store, not just roasted some poor ™. I wish I could apologize to them, and tbh I should have been coached. I didn’t say anything bad, but I handled it poorly.

so TTOTM: sorry for ranting to you (not even telling you I was a fellow ™ until halfway through bc I forgot bc I was so mad) and not telling your GSTL instead and letting them roast you (or whoever told a guest we would break policy for them)

(mind you, this was not just like $5, IIRC this was multiple items and added up to a lot of money)

so why dont we just call the store these come from and be like which one of ya'll hecked up

the ones in my store are coming from a store less than 10 miles away

like its printed on actual target receipt paper someone there had to have done it
Except this is not the stores fault. The store is stupid for printing a raincheck for obviously wrong prices, but the price is targets fault for having a really dumb system that can't correctly reset prices.

Is it that or is there a TM in on the scam and printing them deliberately?
We had our lightning to HDMI adapters at 20.98 I was the only one to know that is definitely the wrong price. Some Team Members will legit just think it's that price. What's great is my first myHelp person thought that is just our stores price for the item. Second person fixed it to the correct 49.99 though.

Except this is not the stores fault. The store is stupid for printing a raincheck for obviously wrong prices, but the price is targets fault for having a really dumb system that can't correctly reset prices.
ok so maybe imma be the minority here or missing something but

if a raincheck printed out for an obviously incorrect price why would they hand it to the person? they could easily be like "oh sorry the system is glitching on the price" or some shit. like how we all recognize the rain check isnt valid and dont accept it, they could have noticed it was a mistake right?

i think its still worth pinpointing who printed and handed it off at the very least to try and stop it from spreading

Cannot stress this enough. And circle should ONLY be scanned from Target app or Target.com, nowhere else, including screenshots of the app/website (probably photoshopped)

The problem here is ... I don't cashier enough to keep up with what we scan or the scams going on. Since we have zero huddles now, there is no inter-department communication. I can't be expected to keep up with the changes up front when I'm not scheduled there.

Plus, Target is reaping what they sow. I've been told by multiple leaders that "It's not your job to think, it's your job to do." So I do.

I'm not going to get called for backup and arrive with 3 guests already waiting. Then when the first guest has an issue, click on my light and make them wait further. I'm going to handle it. If Target, in it's infinite wisdom, can't stop people from hacking their system, who am I to point out it's being screwed?

Target needs to create its own barcode format, something like the sip and scan barcode's but in a target logo. This will make it significantly harder to create your own, and more noticeable when you're not scanning a target barcode.
1580772681599.png

The problem here is ... I don't cashier enough to keep up with what we scan or the scams going on. Since we have zero huddles now, there is no inter-department communication. I can't be expected to keep up with the changes up front when I'm not scheduled there.

Plus, Target is reaping what they sow. I've been told by multiple leaders that "It's not your job to think, it's your job to do." So I do.

I'm not going to get called for backup and arrive with 3 guests already waiting. Then when the first guest has an issue, click on my light and make them wait further. I'm going to handle it. If Target, in it's infinite wisdom, can't stop people from hacking their system, who am I to point out it's being screwed?
That's why you call for assistace when guest asks for something out of the usual. And this deal is noticeable.

The ones we are seeing aren't legit. It's for headphones at a clearance price. We are out of headphones, nevermind the unicorn one with the clearance sticker. The scam is....the raincheck price is the clearance. Guest takes raincheck to another store, picks up one selling at full price, pays the low price with the raincheck slip.

We explain, no rainchecks on clearance. They ALL insist on seeing a manager. They ALL have Target policy pulled up. It's obvious it's some scam site online.

See, this is what I was coming accross. A bloke comes in with a couple rain checks for 2 specific ps4 controllers. One was from a store in the state but another was from like california or texas. The thing is the price the raincheck was for was like $24, and quantity typed in was 9. I've been here a while, $24 isnt a sale, it is a price mistake. The reciept looked legit but something like this should never have been printed. My boss was like well honor it for one, but that consumes the rain check so he NOPed on out.

See, this is what I was coming accross. A bloke comes in with a couple rain checks for 2 specific ps4 controllers. One was from a store in the state but another was from like california or texas. The thing is the price the raincheck was for was like $24, and quantity typed in was 9. I've been here a while, $24 isnt a sale, it is a price mistake. The reciept looked legit but something like this should never have been printed. My boss was like well honor it for one, but that consumes the rain check so he NOPed on out.
that was handled well. definite scam. my guess is either they work for target and are just generating it themselves or they know a ™ who can generate. if you really wanna go all out, next time, scan it the barcode (don't actually do anything ofc), just so that AP can see the barcode number to investigate.

Back