Archived scans with locs

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOCU every BR loc ;).

No, don't do that. Make sure all pulls are pushed to the piece. Easy to do if the zone is good, there aren't any missing labels, and all POGs are tied correctly.

If all you care about is your own score, not fixing the root problem in your store, scan more outs than necessary. The more outs scanned daily, the lower the number should be. Every out every day will lower your %, but will also lower your productivity

Every out, every day will also have a potentially huge negative effect on count updates shortage. I've been seeing more and more that the high scans with locations percentage in my store is due to flow team not finishing the push and the remaining items getting backstocked only to have Instocks come along and scan it to get it pulled again.

Basically, you'll need a well-oiled replenishment process that requires integrity on everyone's part. It's not easy but some ways you can tackle this problem is, as one person said, to train everyone really well; follow Best Practice, especially as it pertains to EXF usage; make sure flow team and salesfloor are stocking properly and not overstocking; be resourceful; use that Instocks button monitor items and areas that don't seem to be replenishing properly; USE THE STORE TIE APPLICATION!

There are plenty more ways to keep you score down but those are a good start.

Well pretty much you have to make sure your entire logistics process is well trained and well staffed and 100% on point along with the POG and sales floor teams. Of course this is not going to happen so your store will find a variety of ways to cheat the system making the entire thing pointless. That is the Target way.

As of 2014 my district, group, and even region is not focused on scans with location. It no longer has any bearing on myPerformance results. If I need to supplement filling my floor my shooting EXFs by all means my team is empowered to do... my district stays between 4-15% scans with locations but as our roles and priorities change to VIBE and instocks then we cannot be penalized for filling the floor as quickly as possible using the resources TGT provides us.

As said above, this score is no longer weighted. But one thing you can do is make sure your POG team is doing an EXF batch after their POG fill is done. POG fills seem to be missing more and more, these days.

@ETL of the Night: Holy crap, is that wrong. Just because Scans w/ Locations % is not a focus does not mean that EXF no longer has a negative effect on the accumulator. You're only doing long-term damage to your Logistics process by enabling that practice. Our priorities may have shifted to focusing more on the guest, but that does not mean the rules have changed, especially regarding EXF use. There are so many more resources available to fill the floor than just EXF. The fact that you are apparently an ETL and you think this way is not a surprise at all.

@ETL of the Night: Holy crap, is that wrong. Just because Scans w/ Locations % is not a focus does not mean that EXF no longer has a negative effect on the accumulator. You're only doing long-term damage to your Logistics process by enabling that practice. Our priorities may have shifted to focusing more on the guest, but that does not mean the rules have changed, especially regarding EXF use. There are so many more resources available to fill the floor than just EXF. The fact that you are apparently an ETL and you think this way is not a surprise at all.

I would rather they shoot EXFs as a supplement than what we have. Our Group Director has instocks continually researching all day even after CAFs are dropping and being pulled.

I would rather they shoot EXFs as a supplement than what we have. Our Group Director has instocks continually researching all day even after CAFs are dropping and being pulled.

That is wrong on so many levels its not funny. Reshop out and about leads to outs now being zero'd that are in the store, CAFs not pushed leading stuff being zero'd that is in the store with no B/R locs. Waste of time, if you get your push process and reshop process handled so that the In-stock team knows what isn't reshop'd(specifically soft lines) or pushed/backstocked those areas can be avoided or scanned with caution. Your floor will fill and you will start to see where you NOT getting product. When you see what product you are not getting you can then My support those issues, putting the problem where it should be instead of on you where it shouldn't be. In my store its a known issue that POG fills don't pull the entire POG from the back, you redrop the batch before you push it. My store ties and drops the night before, so always product flows in on that nights truck, so stuff gets missed in the overlap. Redrop the next morning catches a lot of that product.

The CAF pulls must be a back stock nightmare since the accumulator is off, the RSRCH batches are probably same since it would depend on who pushed what first. And the backroom must want to kill people from the double pulls and back stock all day.

What do I know? I just do the work.

That is wrong on so many levels its not funny. Reshop out and about leads to outs now being zero'd that are in the store, CAFs not pushed leading stuff being zero'd that is in the store with no B/R locs.

Our shortage and drastic counts has had a noticeable increase since this has been going on.

The CAF pulls must be a back stock nightmare since the accumulator is off, the RSRCH batches are probably same since it would depend on who pushed what first.

Not only that, but trying to pull both CAFs and researches within the hour is an awful process.

And the backroom must want to kill people from the double pulls and back stock all day.

We do. I have argued this over and over with the ETL staff at my store detailing the many reasons (both operational and financial) why this is a terrible idea. The best I got was "We know, but the group director wants it done this way."

Spineless and dumb part of the reason spot is going in the toilet, that is one thing I noticed people don't have the word no in their vocabulary. That would be a great time to use it. Burning payroll to get no where.

Do the ETLs seriously just never question anything that their superiors tell them to do? What does a conversation like that even sound like?

DTL: "So, uh, we want to you to start taking steroids because we believe it will enhance your abilities to be even more fast, fun and friendly. We anticipate this policy to have a really great effect on Power Hour especially since these performance enhancers will allow you to cover more ground in fewer steps, thus making you more available to a larger contingent of guests."

STL: "I'll get right on it. I'll have my ETLs juiced up by the end of the week!"

Later that day...

STL: "So guys, I just got word that we are going to be injecting ourselves with this special medicine that's supposed to make us more fast, fun and friendly!"

ETL: "Welp, I guess our hands are tied. "

STL: "Yeah, this is coming all the way from the group office. And you know them. They just want to set us up for success."

ETL: "It's all about being resilient and adaptable, right? Now, hand over that needle!"

STL: "As you know, Spot would never ask you to do anything illegal or immoral because that would be wrong. It says so right here in our CYA Handbook. However we do want you to sign this little waver just in case."

ETL: "Right. Right."

Do the ETLs seriously just never question anything that their superiors tell them to do?

No, that is why they hire 2nd tier grads straight out of school. They don't know how to say no and justify it with intelligent reasons, no experience to draw on.

This is my store yours may vary. Also why I am a experience in frustration for my ETL's, I have no problem telling them no with and can back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back