Archived Scary Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reneeisxena

Retired
Ok, in my 10+ years with Target I've had all kinds of guests, the whiners, the complainers, the I'll never shop here again ones, and even the sweet as pie ones. Today I had a real weird one. I was doing a pull in Market and a guest comes up to me and asks for help. I of course say, CIHYFS? To which he replies, "Yes I'd like a lifesize inflatable Santa, do you have one?" Not really sure I say, "let's go look." We walk over to seasonal as he proceeds to tell me why he wants Santa. He wants to execute him, mafia style in his front yard. You read right. He wants to make it look like Santa's been rubbed out, complete with oozing wounds and bullet holes. He then tells me that Santa is merely another name for, hold on to your hats, SATAN! I look at him and he is totally serious and he says that Santa is the Antichrist and spreads evil in the world. Fortunately we don't have any inflatable Santa's and I'm able to make my escape from the nutter. One of my fellow tms overheard what happened, as did anyone anywhere near seasonal since he was kinda loud, and she wrote me a great VIBE card for keeping my cool with the guy. I really hope that guy can't find the Santa he wants, can you imagine some little kid seeing that on a front lawn. Oh and he was going to include Rudolph in the carnage too. Merry Bloody Christmas to that guy. :\

Ewww, missing pets?!? That's very sick and that kinda describes that guest. I didn't mention what he said about the Easter Bunny. Anyone like rabbit stew? Yeah if I every write a book about my years at Target he's going to have a chapter all his own I think.

boy i sure as hell hope i never run in to that guy id probably die of shock who the hell would want to exucute santa, seriously didnt he ever watch any of the old christmas shows on tv

The fella probably did want it too end up on Youtube. More and more people are now doing stupid and weird things just for the temporary notoriety that comes with it.

Scariest guest I had:

I got called up to diffuse a male guest who was angry. I usually do the trick but this one was not having it. After trying to calm him he asked politely for the stl. I say ok and I call. He sees my guy coming from across the lanes and the guy says to me, "Ma'am, please, you should probably call the police now and get really far from me bc I may stab your boss." Dead serious. I run behind the wall and tell my stl through the earpiece that he needs to take a sudden detour to call security bc of what the guest said.

Sure enough, a few moments later the guest goes ballistic. He tore out the monitor on one register and kicked over the kiosks while pd was taking him down. Scariest thing ever.
Why was he mad? Because he couldn't find the TV he had bought 2 years ago.... at least he had the presence of mind to warn me.

I had two guys ask me for help over the summer. I asked them what they were looking for. They asked me if we sold black ski masks handcuffs and pantyhose. I can only imagin what they were up to.

Scariest guest I had:

I got called up to diffuse a male guest who was angry. I usually do the trick but this one was not having it. After trying to calm him he asked politely for the stl. I say ok and I call. He sees my guy coming from across the lanes and the guy says to me, "Ma'am, please, you should probably call the police now and get really far from me bc I may stab your boss." Dead serious. I run behind the wall and tell my stl through the earpiece that he needs to take a sudden detour to call security bc of what the guest said.

Sure enough, a few moments later the guest goes ballistic. He tore out the monitor on one register and kicked over the kiosks while pd was taking him down. Scariest thing ever.
Why was he mad? Because he couldn't find the TV he had bought 2 years ago.... at least he had the presence of mind to warn me.

Did you ask him or the pd if they wanted to save 5% today and every day at Target?

Strange as it may sound, the guest does have a valid point on the origins and translation of Santa. Won't go into detail because I tell my son the classic tale ( the Fat ass we all know and love), but Santa has pagan roots where the elves were actually demons. Some European cultures still depict Santa with these demon like elves. Interesting but displaying it in a front yard is unnecessary.

I had a guy (high school age) who would come in and ask female team members if we carried leather pants. When they would say no (and direct him to Hot Topic), he would go into some diddy about how loves the feeling of dead things on his skin. He would then try to touch the arm or hand of the team member. He tried this a few different times. When people started recognizing him, they would send a male to CIHYFS him... He would decline, go into the mall, and come back and look for a woman. I don't know what happened to him, but he eventually stopped coming in.

We also had a dude who would come in, and again, ask female team members... In lingerie. He would ask for assistance in picking out bras and panties for his "wife." He would then comment on how certain ladies would look good in the set.. He was flat out asked not to come back.

Some guy who fancied himself a gift to women used to hang around the fitting room (which was near intimates) & ask the young female TMs if they'd 'model some lingerie' for him.
They started scheduling 'Big Bertha' there (like the name suggested, she was big, busty & brassy) & she dispatched him pretty quick.
Something about 'not wasting her time on a limp little wiener'.

Strange as it may sound, the guest does have a valid point on the origins and translation of Santa. Won't go into detail because I tell my son the classic tale ( the Fat ass we all know and love), but Santa has pagan roots where the elves were actually demons. Some European cultures still depict Santa with these demon like elves. Interesting but displaying it in a front yard is unnecessary.

We won't even get into the Dutch Santa and his helper Zwarte Piet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back