Schedule change fallout

Just curious how everyone;s stores are doing since corporate started generating the schedules? My store has gotten a thousand times worse. Every truck rolled over, no freight getting pushed because DBOs are now constantly covering Fulfillment since they no longer have employees just to name a few....

Same here! 🤣🤣🤣
Yes.

They use GM and Electronics all the time to push freight and/or do OPUs.

In a related matter we had TWO TLs do the pulls in my department the other day and leave them to get pushed the next day.

I had called off on the app SIX HOURS (i.e 9:00 AM) before my shift started but they probably didn't bother to check that until after my shift was supposed to start.

Last edited:
Somehow we've been doing just fine! Trucks don't roll over, freight is usually all done at the usual time by Inbound and GM (normal practice at my small format store), and our fulfilment metrics haven't suffered at all

Just curious how everyone;s stores are doing since corporate started generating the schedules? My store has gotten a thousand times worse. Every truck rolled over, no freight getting pushed because DBOs are now constantly covering Fulfillment since they no longer have employees just to name a few....
What's this???

What's this???

Our ETL's still make the schedule? (It's not really a question. One of our ETL's sat down today and made the schedule...)

We floated some trucks the past couple weeks because Corp was visiting often, but we'll be CVV by tomorrow. Not an issue for us.

Last edited:
We have some fluctuations in the schedule but things usually get done unless there is a big visit or unusual amount of opus and all . We used to have 5 -6trucks per week and that helped too . But now 9-10 trucks per week and things have started to go out of control .
Seasonal TMs were ok in the beginning when trucks were small . Now that the workload is more , they are getting worse !

It’s a hot mess, style has been devastated, they have almost no one until the evening, besides the breakout team.

Repeated days of 1 or 2 people at opening and then no one else until noon or 1pm (and other people after of course, but...). Cart guys don't even get an opener anymore, they just go from noon to 6 and then from 6 to 10, give or take an hour.

I'd ask what they're smoking but I'd be afraid to know the answer. For god's sake it's not a good look during back to school season to tell the sole cashier on register "you need to work faster" as they are checking someone out.

I have never been so tempted to walk out as I have been this past week. I am so broken and tired.

It's a mess. We tried to do it and leave it but truly, you just CAN'T. In order for this to work you'd need to be fully staffed with TMs (all with great availability), payroll to perfected to a "T", and, most importantly, an IT system that is actually functional.

Target keeps trying to "fix what is broken" and just ends up making everything worse.

Back