Archived Schedule Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc

Is it weird that i'm scheduled for an 11 hour shift? Normally I'm scheduled for 8 hour shifts.

It’s not exactly common, but I’ve done it before. Usually that happens when people are unavailable or if there is a lot that will happen at the store that day.
Just be on top of compliance :)

I have done it but I was asked ahead of time. Or shit happened and I needed to stay and fix or finish something. Never just as a regularly scheduled shift.

Reactions: abc
Also... when is it too late to request a day off thru EHR?
Say I'd like to ask for Saturday Nov 18th off... am I already too late if I try to make that request tomorrow?

Won't hurt to try, as long as you put in before they make the schedule that week there is a chance they'll approve it. Put in for it and ask your ETL or HR if it's cool.

Is it weird that i'm scheduled for an 11 hour shift? Normally I'm scheduled for 8 hour shifts.
Is it for a Thanksgiving/Black Friday shift?

I have done 10 and 12 hr shifts not fun. Working an ad set shift and opening shift; drink lots of coffee.

Sometimes when custom editing the schedule, the shifts are adjusted back to 8 hrs.
Other times there is not enough TMs for coverage.
Or your store is giving you extra hours because they like you.

Also... when is it too late to request a day off thru EHR?
Say I'd like to ask for Saturday Nov 18th off... am I already too late if I try to make that request tomorrow?

When you try to request time off through EHR, you get to choose dates via a calendar. Any days grayed out and unclickable means that it is too late to submit a form for them.

Last edited:
Being on the schedule for an 11 hour shift is definitely unusual unless you're agreeing to come early/stay late or you pick up a shift. Technically, you're not really supposed to be scheduled for more than 8 hours plus a meal, but my store has been known to schedule TMs for as many as 10 hours including meals if coverage is tight. 11 is a lot, however.

And you technically have until the Monday before the schedule posts to request days off. However, time off is never a guarantee, and sooner is always better (especially in Q4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back