Archived Scheduled in more than one workcenter/time clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm scheduled to work, say, Instocks from 7-11 and BR Day from 11-3:30, do I need to use the "change workcenter" function on the time clock? Or is that just if I get asked to stay late and work somewhere other than where I was scheduled?

Nope. Just head to the back and help out. The system knows where the hours are going. You want to use the change workcenter function if it is a sudden change and the timeclock thinks you're going to be working instocks the entire shift.

Nope, just keep on working!

I used to do it when they'd ask me to stay after a GSA shift and work hardlines, and instead of adding a HL shift in max, they'd just change the endtime of my GSA shift to reflect the added hours. I'd always go in and do a change workcenter just so my ETL-GE wouldn't throw a hissy fit that my workcenter was going over hours.

The only time you punch in to change workcenter is if you are scheduled for one area and are asked to work another area. Ex. You are scheduled to work cashier but then are told to work salesfloor.

I'm pretty sure that the "change workcenter" button has been used once in my store in the five years we've been open, and that's when I was upset about being taken off of instocks and put elsewhere for the day and wanted to save our hours.

what does that button do?

as if changing work center will affect my pay :pardon:

It just changes the workcenter your hours are being expensed to. If you're scheduled in multiple workcenters, MAX expenses out your worked hours correctly. If you are scheduled for one workcenter (salesfloor), but then stay later to help in a different workcenter or for some other reason are told to go work in another workcenter (backroom), using the change workcenter function will ensure that your hours are being expensed to the workcenter you are actually working in.

When I pick up extra shifts on the fly, HR extends me but I change my workcenter on the time clock.
I've bounced around so much, this "Flo Ho" has memorized codes for six different workstations. And counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back