Archived scheduled outside of availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
next wednesday 11/18 i am scheduled to start my shift at 1 pm, but my availability is 2pm or later because i have class and theres no way i could make it to tbe store by 1.. so what do i do?? my next shift isnt until the tuesday directly before that day, would if be too late if i told them then? i was just gonna tell my gtsl. or would that be a problem and make them mad?? i mean its not my fault, what should i do?

Go to HR now, right now, doesn't matter what you are doing get in there and talk to them.
Tell them what happened and why you can't work the shift.
Make sure you write down who you talked to and when, hell do it in front of them so they know you are serious about it.

Why are you sitting there?
Go take care of this.

Go to HR now, right now, doesn't matter what you are doing get in there and talk to them.
Tell them what happened and why you can't work the shift.
Make sure you write down who you talked to and when, hell do it in front of them so they know you are serious about it.

Why are you sitting there?
Go take care of this.
im home now... should i call? tomorrow? why os it do urgent am i gonna get in trouble?

The faster you take care of this the sooner they can cover the time and the less chance they will turn it back on you.
It's sad that they can make it into your problem but it you let it go too long it will become your problem.
The faster you get it done, and I mean you should have done it the second you saw you were scheduled outside of your availability, the better.

okay yeh i didnt even realize i was just jotting them down before my break was up, should i call tomorrow and who should i ask for?? and what do i say? im sorry ive only worked 5 shifts and im scared to screw up

Either call first thing tomorrow or go by the store.
You need to talk to someone in HR; either your ETL-HR or an hrtm.
As Commie said, quickly because if you don't & it's too late to change, they'll ask you why you didn't take care of it SOONER.
MyTime is NOT a perfect system so you will get scheduled outside your avail at times but it is YOUR responsibility to check as soon as the schedule goes up for slip-ups like this & get them fixed ASAP. Then follow up & make sure it was done.

That schedule has been up for over a week. Be prepared to explain why you didn't bother to tell them until now. Had you said something right away, they would have apologized and changed it. They may still do that, and they will likely just tell you to come in at 2pm, but they will tell you if/when it happens again to not to wait until the last minute to tell them.

HR or LOD. I'm consistently going to them both since my ETL refuses to acknowledge my availability. Tell them you can't work then, but when/if you can come in.

i want to just try to go in at 1 since i dont wanna cause any problems bc its so soon and make them mad :( i could probably make it if i left class early but idk if id be allowed

i called and talked to the LOD and he said he didnt have the schedule in front of him and said do u want to move ur shift an hour so i said yes and asked if it was all set and he said he didnt have the schedule again and to double check on my next shift that it got changed... do u think he will forget lol? and will it be changed on the regular schedule orrrr

i called and talked to the LOD and he said he didnt have the schedule in front of him and said do u want to move ur shift an hour so i said yes and asked if it was all set and he said he didnt have the schedule again and to double check on my next shift that it got changed... do u think he will forget lol? and will it be changed on the regular schedule orrrr
This is why you should talk to HR because THEY will see that it gets changed.
The LOD may or may not remember to talk to HR so you still have to follow up & you basically added an extra step.

This is why you should talk to HR because THEY will see that it gets changed.
The LOD may or may not remember to talk to HR so you still have to follow up & you basically added an extra step.
i know:( i asked for HR like u said and the operator said there wasnt any HRTMs there and she transferred me to the LOD

LOD may jot down a note for HR but it's better to find out when HR is in next & see them THAT DAY.
LOD is juggling store duties & may not get it to HR in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back