Archived Scheduled outside of my availability. Told not to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipturd

Service Level Exceeded
Except I am worried about it because I don't want to get a "no call no show" because of something that wasn't my fault. I first told an ETL and she made a note about it, but that wasn't good enough for me. Than on my next shift I mentioned it to a TL and she also made a note of it (on a piece of paper with about 4 other names and shifts that people couldn't work because of availability) and she just looked at me and goes "Don't worry about it we will just have to find someone to take it." o_O Like that's it just don't worry about it? Apparently this is something that happens quite often. I mentioned it to another team member and he was basically like "It happens all the time it's not your fault." Does this occur anywhere else? I feel like it's a constant issue with people being scheduled outside of their availability in my store.

Just double check the schedule and see if it's been changed.
The person you really want to talk to is the ETL HR.
They are the one who can also check to make sure you are set correctly in the system for when you can work.
Make sure they have that down correctly so this doesn't happen again.

Computer writes a schedule, person tweaks it and does it wrong, HR gets it and tweaks it again making it more wrong.. How it works in my store.

Make sure you keep notes of who and when you told them and put the shift up on the board - people are hurting for hours so chances of someone taking it are good. Do keep following up that it gets taken and you get taken off the schedule for it. Both of the people you told do or should have access to change it.

They ended up fixing it. Apparently the system went a little cray cray and did it to a lot of people. I'm just glad I'm not responsible for the computer being a butthole. Now though I see I'm scheduled for training and IDK if I'm being trained extra myself or if I'm training someone. Is it normal for them to ask you randomly to come in for four hours for training?

They ended up fixing it. Apparently the system went a little cray cray and did it to a lot of people. I'm just glad I'm not responsible for the computer being a butthole. Now though I see I'm scheduled for training and IDK if I'm being trained extra myself or if I'm training someone. Is it normal for them to ask you randomly to come in for four hours for training?
Yes, it may not be training. Just another work center.

Last edited:
Except I am worried about it because I don't want to get a "no call no show" because of something that wasn't my fault. I first told an ETL and she made a note about it, but that wasn't good enough for me. Than on my next shift I mentioned it to a TL and she also made a note of it (on a piece of paper with about 4 other names and shifts that people couldn't work because of availability) and she just looked at me and goes "Don't worry about it we will just have to find someone to take it." o_O Like that's it just don't worry about it? Apparently this is something that happens quite often. I mentioned it to another team member and he was basically like "It happens all the time it's not your fault." Does this occur anywhere else? I feel like it's a constant issue with people being scheduled outside of their availability in my store.

When in doubt, make sure you call the day you are incorrectly scheduled & ask IF you are still on the schedule & if so, inform them that you are not coming in.

You can't get a NCNS if you called.

It's possible your store might just be using Training as a paper workcenter, like how some stores use Logistics Zone for working the FDC/C&S truck.

One girl said it may be for my liquor license which would be awesome because I feel so awkward being drinking age and having to tell people "Sorry I can't even scan that Smirnoff you want to buy or I'll get in trouble." :D

One girl said it may be for my liquor license which would be awesome because I feel so awkward being drinking age and having to tell people "Sorry I can't even scan that Smirnoff you want to buy or I'll get in trouble." :D

Sorry could you explain this.. I don't understand. You are of legal age but can't sell alcohol? Or have you just not done the training?

I haven't done the training. She said liquor license, but if that was the case I'd get it and rush off to find a higher paying job where I could serve alcohol :p But yeah if you don't have the training you cannot under any circumstances even touch the bottle. I just flip my light on, stand there with my hands up like I'm being arrested, and wait for someone who is authorized to sell alcohol to come to my aid. It's ridiculous because 90% of the time there isn't even someone around who has had the training so you spend a good 5 minutes just trying to find someone to take care of that one bottle of Vodka that you aren't allowed to ring up.

No. I did basic training when it came to cashiering because I was hired as a hardlines team member so I am only up there when we have a code 1. I do on occasion get scheduled for a cashier shift because I have a bit more experience, but those are rare so who knows. We've all been trying to figure out what I could be training for and alcohol was one of the things thrown out there so who really knows for sure.

I did the part where the asked what is proper ID for someone to buy alcohol with etc. but on my first day on the register I checked out alcohol thinking Eh I'm legal drinking age and they found out and were like "You can't do that you can't even scan it." I'm wondering if it is a state law thing everywhere is different but all I know is I am in no way allowed to check out alcohol.

It's ridiculous because 90% of the time there isn't even someone around who has had the training so you spend a good 5 minutes just trying to find someone to take care of that one bottle of Vodka that you aren't allowed to ring up.

When I was an underage cashier, if the GSTL/GSA wasn't available to ring the order for me, I would switch lanes with a cashier who could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back