Archived Scheduling Price Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get some feedback on how to get a close to accurate schedule for pricing. Im hearing that when scheduling they use the clearance forecast sheet in which does not include price change labels or the back room workload. My ETL told me that it should be 1000 per 1 person and if the workload is less you should go into the next day. There have been many instances where we had ex.1800 and it took 10 hrs to do with 2 tms. plz help.

We use the rule of 1000 per 1 person for an 8 hour shift as well. I do find some days more difficult than others to meet that expectation, particularly Mondays when you have Boys/Girls/Infants. Ill scheduled two TMs even if its just 1300 tickets. We add hours for price to finish all the time because we get forecasted less than what MAX calls for.

I have been the point guy for pricing for quite awhile now. Although 1000 eaches for a shift is attainable for hardlines (when you have 200 gift bags or beverage enhancers eating those eaches up) it is more realistic to count on 100 eaches an hour. Also, if your ptm or sales planner process is not where it needs to be, expect more time in the backroom. Detrashing unset sales planners sucks.

We try for 120 eaches per hour. Does anyone know if the forecast hours and what max gives us is better with MyTime?

A good rule of thumb is 100 tickets per hour. Things like hardlines where theres 100 sauce packets will definitely not take you an hour so it works to your advantage. 100 tickets in Softlines on the other hand requires scanning every item, so it will take longer. always schedule a couple extra hours on Monday for that reason.

If the Clearance Forecast Tool forecasts you at lets say 7000 tickets. it would equal 70 hours. My TL will ask for a total of 80 hours that week. If they ask why, its for labels, de-trashing the backroom, and workload fluctuations (Print the workload 2 weeks out, the week before, and the week of to prove it).

I'm in pricing 1-2 days a week, usually Wednesday (and it looks like Thursday as well while a TM is on ed LOA for the summer). Workload is super heavy on Wednesday so that is why I'm always scheduled. I hate to say it, but Spot is going to have to make me give up something in order for everything to get in. Thursday is usually my second comp day and my first day prepping the ad.

Oops, I have to work in 6 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back