Archived Seasonal employee - called in on my days off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was just hired a few weeks ago for seasonal. It's ok so far but I am getting called in to work on my days off. I don't go in because I am exhausted from working 5 days a week working hardlines (my previous jobs have been desk jobs and even though I'm thin, I am totally out of shape). Anyway, my question is, will this affect my potential be hired permanently? Is it even cause to be let go before my 90 days are up?

Uhh you didn't take the shifts did you? If you didn't, then you're not calling in.... You can't call in for shifts if its your day off.

I never go in if they call me on my day off. They will like you better if you would pick up extra shifts occasionally but it is not grounds for termination. I don't think it would affect you being hired permanently since you are already scheduled 5 days.

If they ask you to work and you can't they really aren't going to hold it against you.
Being able to work does help if you want to go beyond being seasonal.
If you said you would work and then called out, it will be an issue.

I can understand about being burnt out.
I went to working flow after working desk jobs for a while and it was a bit before I was able to keep up.
Just think of it as free gym time.

Oh, and Welcome to The Break Room.

If you really want to cut back on how much you work you could just change your availability to "Unavailable" for a day you don't want to work on eHR though It might be that your availability says "Available" on days that your not scheduled which means you will be on the list of people to call to fill in on shifts. A actual day off is listed on the posted schedule as "Time Off" and that's when you request time off through eHR Max Self Service and it is approved

They cannot schedule you on days you have listed as "Unavailable" or under "Time off" as several people I know do this for School and other jobs etc.

But like Corvus and probably a lot of others...I can understand being burned out as well and more being an Introvert and feeling sort of depressed and energy-less after a shift of Cashiering and it usually requires me being alone the rest of the day recharging

Last edited:
Prolly won't be able to change avail just yet if you're still under your 90 days but afterwards you could submit a tweak to your schedule. It's getting to the thick of Q4 which is why they're calling you a lot.
You don't have to say yes but I'm sure they appreciate the fact that you answer your phone. Our HRTMs usually get nothing but voicemail.

Prolly won't be able to change avail just yet if you're still under your 90 days but afterwards you could submit a tweak to your schedule. It's getting to the thick of Q4 which is why they're calling you a lot.
You don't have to say yes but I'm sure they appreciate the fact that you answer your phone. Our HRTMs usually get nothing but voicemail.

I changed mine a few weeks ago and it was accepted and I'm not to my 90th yet :D

Your store must be lenient.
Our store just cut a hire loose after she told HR that she could only do a few mornings because of her other job.
Our HRTMs KNOW people lie about their avail just to get hired which is why they stress during the offer that the avail they submitted is what they are hired for.
Barring class schedules or unforeseen changes outside of work (loss of sitter, unexpected move, etc), avail changes may or may not be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back