Archived Seasonal employee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was hired early November as a Seasonal Softlines team member.
I always back-up, assist in any way possible, and stay late/come in early, or pick up shifts.
At our store, all seasonal employees used the sticker name tags and from the 1st day we were hired, we were told to sign up for a name tag.
So a couple of seasonal employees that got hired the same day or within the same weeks signed up for name tags.
Since we were all new and going through the same situation we stuck together.
Just this week, a HR member told me she had something for me, and surprise it was a official name tag with my name! :yahoo: Well I was happy and wondered, is this a hint they are keeping me as a permanent team member??? :unknw:
I really don't want to get my hopes up! but why go through the trouble of making me a name tag this late in decemeber only to be let go mid January?
Just the other day, I noticed that some of the seasonal peeps that were hired with me are still wearing a sticker name tag and on top of that, one of them told me she wasn't on the schedule for the 1st week of January so she assumes she is getting let go.
I am on the schedule for the 1st week of January (thank god!) but my hours declined a lot! (oh no!)
So any idea what any of this means?

:mail1: dear santa, I want a permanent job at Target. Sincerely, me!
^^^^laame! but so true!!

The name tag does not mean anything,all seasonal tms should have one anyway,but the fact that you are on the schedule in Jan is a good sign,good luck,I hope you make it.your hours will depend on sales and we are all keeping our fingers crossed,by being as flexible as you are you stand a good chance of getting more hours,.

My hrs really went down the 1st week of Jan and I've been there for over 5 yrs so it still could be a good sign that you're at least on the schedule.

Yeah it's true, I shouldn't let getting a name tag be a factor but it seemed like they have been withholding name tags since the beginning of seasonal hiring. All I know is that they posted a sign in late November that they would let seasonals know within 10 days of their last day of work so I hope I don't get that conversation! Since its a new week I hope the two week out schedule is out, maybe that'll give me some kind of idea. And hae any of you guys ever work inventory? I'm scheduled to do so but I don't have the slightest idea of what I will be doing or what the dress code will be since its overnight.

Yeah it's true, I shouldn't let getting a name tag be a factor but it seemed like they have been withholding name tags since the beginning of seasonal hiring. All I know is that they posted a sign in late November that they would let seasonals know within 10 days of their last day of work so I hope I don't get that conversation! Since its a new week I hope the two week out schedule is out, maybe that'll give me some kind of idea. And hae any of you guys ever work inventory? I'm scheduled to do so but I don't have the slightest idea of what I will be doing or what the dress code will be since its overnight.

I don't know how your store does it, but when I was hired as seasonal last year, they made sure we all had name tags, whether we were gonna stay on or not. At orientation, we got 'New Team Member' tags, then we received the ones with our names around the end of training. If you're on the schedule in January and you actually have hours, you should be good. As far as hours, everyone gets their hours cut in January because of the huge decline in sales after Christmas.

Overnight inventory, huh? Depending on your store leadership, you may be able to wear whatever you want overnight since there will not be guests in the store.

I hope so! And one of my seasonal friends came to work 3 hours late. I mentioned this to him and he wants to know if this pretty much ruins his chances at becoming permanent?? He has the same work ethic and friendliness as I do.

Depends on if he had a valid reason & what the ETLs said/did.

He told me he was going by the schedule he wrote down, and when he told the LOD the LOD said he probably copied down the wrong schedule. And he told me that wasn't possible because all the other shifts he wrote down are the same as on the schedule. I told him if anything it was probably a honest mistake an he seemed let down but I told him it happens to everyone. The LOD didn't seem upset but that someone would most likely speak with him about it the next day he goes into work.

I don't know how your store does it, but when I was hired as seasonal last year, they made sure we all had name tags, whether we were gonna stay on or not. At orientation, we got 'New Team Member' tags, then we received the ones with our names around the end of training. If you're on the schedule in January and you actually have hours, you should be good. As far as hours, everyone gets their hours cut in January because of the huge decline in sales after Christmas.

Overnight inventory, huh? Depending on your store leadership, you may be able to wear whatever you want overnight since there will not be guests in the store.

For what I have seen or been told, none of the seasonal employees, even the ones who got hired late September were given name tags this whole entire time. It's now the last week of December and only some of us have received them. and thanks for informing me about the hours being cut because it's all making me nervous!

I was told that for inventory, to wear comfortable clothes as long as they were khaki and red? So pretty much our regular uniform haha! all though I find jeans more comfortable than khakis!

For what I have seen or been told, none of the seasonal employees, even the ones who got hired late September were given name tags this whole entire time. It's now the last week of December and only some of us have received them.

Again, the name tags don't mean anything. Sometimes the people in HR forget to order them or there's a late shipment. Receiving a name tag has nothing to do with being hired on after the seasonal period.

For what I have seen or been told, none of the seasonal employees, even the ones who got hired late September were given name tags this whole entire time. It's now the last week of December and only some of us have received them. and thanks for informing me about the hours being cut because it's all making me nervous!

I was told that for inventory, to wear comfortable clothes as long as they were khaki and red? So pretty much our regular uniform haha! all though I find jeans more comfortable than khakis!
Avoid gossip & stay focus on your job. If you stand out of the crowd, tl/etl will notice you. Don't wait for them to say anything to you. Be proactive & say I ready to roll!

For what I have seen or been told, none of the seasonal employees, even the ones who got hired late September were given name tags this whole entire time. It's now the last week of December and only some of us have received them.

As mentioned, name tags don't denote who goes & who stays - only your performance. I had a name tag with a label stuck over the name of a former TM that I wore for a YEAR before getting one with my own name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back