Archived SEASONAL employees (when do they start getting let go?)

• Thread starter ChiPhaz
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 15K
Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, I think my store kept everyone. I think everyone worked out well, save for the GSA who is just a hot mess, and all the LODs want to strangle.

they have been telling people for the last two weeks. I only feel bad for one that was told she wasn't being kept on. We kept three. We had eeyore's daughter in law this year...she was the first let go...YIPPEE!!

I DO have a question about this...my TL told me my last day would be the end of January, and explained there was not enough hours for people in Softlines, (not like other areas of the store). I immediately asked her if my work was satisfactory, and she told me it was exemplary, and I should be "recognized" for that (whatever that means)...it almost seemed like she was hinting that I may be able to stay on in a different department. Is this a viable option? If so, who would be the one to discuss this with?

Run, don't walk, to the HR ETL and see if they have any spots on other teams.
Tell them that your TL recommends you and you want to stay on.
Go, go now.

I was told by a GSTL that they were letting people go this week and next week at my store. Some cashiers/sales floor have already been let go, can't speak for flow team.

No one has been informed officially at my store yet, although the store's ETL told me that they were planning on keeping me :)

At my store the keepers are usually told 'sotto voce' first, then given a formal offer once the non-keepers are gone.

Do hours tend to go back up after all the seasonals are gone? On the latest schedule, I've only got 15 hours.

Not at first simply because everything is cut to the bone post-Q4. Should start going up a little towards Valentine's.

@ZombiePanties31: Try talking to your TL about training in more areas. If you are friendly with any ETLs or TLs in different areas you might be able to pick up some shifts for the seasonal people being let go. I did this with electronics and Hardlines in my store since there aren't enough CA and cashier shifts available for me. Brought my hrs up this week from 18 to 30+.

Mention that you want more hours to your TL if people call out or shifts become available. I get tons of shifts this way (Usually 1-2 a week). Also, check the shift board and talk to TL of an area about learning that area if you are interested. Staying late and willingness to come in early is a good trait in the eyes of the LODs.

@ZombiePanties31: Try talking to your TL about training in more areas. If you are friendly with any ETLs or TLs in different areas you might be able to pick up some shifts for the seasonal people being let go. I did this with electronics and Hardlines in my store since there aren't enough CA and cashier shifts available for me. Brought my hrs up this week from 18 to 30+.

Mention that you want more hours to your TL if people call out or shifts become available. I get tons of shifts this way (Usually 1-2 a week). Also, check the shift board and talk to TL of an area about learning that area if you are interested. Staying late and willingness to come in early is a good trait in the eyes of the LODs.

Thanks, Vic! Will do! :)

I DO have a question about this...my TL told me my last day would be the end of January, and explained there was not enough hours for people in Softlines, (not like other areas of the store). I immediately asked her if my work was satisfactory, and she told me it was exemplary, and I should be "recognized" for that (whatever that means)...it almost seemed like she was hinting that I may be able to stay on in a different department. Is this a viable option? If so, who would be the one to discuss this with?

Run, don't walk, to the HR ETL and see if they have any spots on other teams.
Tell them that your TL recommends you and you want to stay on.
Go, go now.

Thanks much! ;) Have mentioned it to some others and I was told to keep checking back to see if there are openings. I will be speaking with HR again today as well. I do enjoy the work (great exercise!) and the people are all super to work with for the most part. I don't want to take anyone's job away. but working part-time there longer term would be ideal for me (and I suppose almost everyone else, lol!) Thanks again!

Im a seasonal worker and i was told last saturday that the 14th will be my last day. i might be the last seasonal worker to leave but not sure lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back