Archived Seasonal Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, what positions could seasonal employees get? Is it just cashier and Hardlines or are there more?

So basically - almost anything. Most common things would be cashier, sales floor, and flow team, just based on the fact that that's 75% of the store and those positions require less training than a lot of the others.

Out of curiosity, what positions could seasonal employees get? Is it just cashier and Hardlines or are there more?

Mostly cashier, sales floor, and flow. We rarely (if ever) hire seasonals to work in pricing, plano, or instocks, and new backroom hires have been nonexistent because my BRTL prefers to cross-train instead. We did have a seasonal GSA a couple years ago, and shockingly she was hired on.

But ASANTS.

Mostly cashier, sales floor, and flow. We rarely (if ever) hire seasonals to work in pricing, plano, or instocks, and new backroom hires have been nonexistent because my BRTL prefers to cross-train instead. We did have a seasonal GSA a couple years ago, and shockingly she was hired on.

But ASANTS.

I'd probably leave out any of the positions that are "more than likely" left out of "external applications". The jobs you don't really see on eHR unless you log into a store computer, ei PA, Signing Spec, etc.

But ASANTS.

Correct, our store is cross training a lot of our team members for those positions as it doesn't make sense to do heavy training for a skilled position for someone who is only seasonal.

Correct, our store is cross training a lot of our team members for those positions as it doesn't make sense to do heavy training for a skilled position for someone who is only seasonal.

Call me a pessimist, but I think it's more that they cross-train so they don't have to thoroughly train. By the time people are ready to move into a more specialized position they already have a good feel for how the store works/what goes where/why things are done a certain way/etc. ...this isn't from training. It's simple absorption of your environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back