Archived Seasonal staying on

Status
Not open for further replies.
any tips for staying on after seasonal and during orientation the hr person said they would give two weeks notice if we do get retained after the season

Show up for all of your shifts.
Offer to extend if needed.
Take any shift that is offered to you.
Back-up cashier when back-up is called for (assuming you're a sales floor team member).
Get to know your TL's.
Be extremely friendly and learn to encompass "vibe" culture, including driving red cards, service plans, target app, and cartwheel.
Don't have compliance issues.
Accept any job/task offered to you with a can-do attitude and try not to bug the LOD's with questions (that's what your fellow tm's are for).

What Producer said and
learn your job well. Be friendly to guests and TM's. Don't be annoying to guests or TM.s. Don't be a know it all, Don't be to forward. Don't wander away from where you should be working. Listen to tl's. learn to know what each tl and each etl expect. They all care about different things.
I work at the front end. I know if certain etl's are on then I better make sure that savor spot or the restrooms are in perfect conditions at all times, while others get angry if the cashiers are standing around chatting. Each one has their little quirks, and you work with it.

Do your job, not everyone else's. Do the extras, such as if you see something out of place, straighten it. Don't walk over things you see on the floor. pick them up and put them either where they should be, or in reshop cart or in the garbage if it is something that belongs in the garbage. Don't have a blind eye to things.
I wish you luck in keeping the position.. If not, you can always apply again.

The tips so far are completely on point. Follow them and you won't have a problem staying on. One that I have that hasn't been mentioned is to not wait to be told to do stuff, but take the initiative to ask what you can do. When you clock in, radio your team lead and instead of just saying "I'm here" and waiting to be told what to do, immediatley ask how you can be useful. A lot of times they'll just tell you strays & zone, but if your store is anything like mine, everyone always has a list of things to do (and not enough time to do them) and you'll be handed some project or task. This way you can build rapport with your leaders, show that you're eager to learn and establish yourself as a hard worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back