Archived Seasonal; They did not keep me. I am depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My TL last night, my last shift, said glowing things about me, things that were complimentary and seem sincere. But they are not keeping me after the season.

I am in good standing so she said I could reapply in the next season which is Easter. Does that mean they don't want me as a regular employee, ever?

I am sad. I really loved my 2 months as a cashier.

You can reapply every 60 days, I think. Just apply now and see what happens. Hours are being slashed until March so TMs are bound to leave in the coming months. If you apply for seasonal then chances are seasonal is all you’ll get. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Don’t feel too bad, Very FEW seasonals are kept. There are barely hours for the tm that are permanent. You may have done just fine but only the outstanding tm’s are kept. You sound re-hireable, apply again, if you come back : be exceptional, make a difference to stand out and get noticed.

Thank you all, really. I want to work there. I went through Christmas rush, which people told me was going to be a nightmare. It was busy, but not a nightmare.

There was no guest who was a lunatic. There was only one couple I can say I didn't like, but they weren't insane. I will reapply.

Very few seasonals are kept, and it's mostly the ones that have super open availability that meet specific business needs. Don't feel bad. You'll find plenty of other jobs in life. When I first worked at Target, I left and found a much better job. Entry level jobs are just gigs for most people. You sound young. If you're not already, go to school, get a college education, come back and apply for ETL. Keep building up your human capital. When you don't settle, you'll always have to deal with change. But that just means you're getting better.

The only reason I can keep even one is because I lost 2 regular tm before the holidays. Don't let it affect you. I'd have kept more if I could have.

You'll come back at another swing for it! Don't worry!

We had some that complained since day one about their surgery, their foot, they're old and stuggling, blah blah blah.

We had one that told us every goshdarn ailment she had and resisted any training.

We were GLAD to see her behind out as not a one of us could stand her.

If a TL and your training TM's liked you you'll be back 😊

Don’t feel too bad, Very FEW seasonals are kept. There are barely hours for the tm that are permanent. You may have done just fine but only the outstanding tm’s are kept. You sound re-hireable, apply again, if you come back : be exceptional, make a difference to stand out and get noticed.
Now I’m getting scared cuz I’m seasonal too. But I started December a few weeks before Christmas and my season ends in march.

Now I’m getting scared cuz I’m seasonal too. But I started December a few weeks before Christmas and my season ends in march.
During my interview they asked if I wanted to be regular and I said yes but they still had to start me at seasonal. They told me getting let go after seasonal all depends on performance and attendance and to not worry about it if you’re doing good. I even asked a regular tm that I’ve become Friends with about it and she said it’s really hard to get fired unless you steal off course and constantly late. Maybe my store keeps more seasonals because it’s a Super Target and they need much more people. Hopefully I don’t get let go at the end of my season, I always clock in a few minutes early, never late and my performance is good besides the fact that I only sold one red card but I hope they don’t look too much into that ( I swear everyone already has a red card) and sometimes I ask for help a lot because I’m always getting products ringing up with no price and I always have to ask for the price from my gstl. I just hope I’m not let go of good workers.

I was mediocre at signing up new red cards. Fully half of my guests already had one. The others said "NO" definitely and resisted sweet talk. I was always early for shift, came in both times when I was called ti fill in for a call-out. Never called in and never left early. Never even had cross words!

But I think maybe no cashiers were kept.

I was mediocre at signing up new red cards. Fully half of my guests already had one. The others said "NO" definitely and resisted sweet talk. I was always early for shift, came in both times when I was called ti fill in for a call-out. Never called in and never left early. Never even had cross words!

But I think maybe no cashiers were kept.
Front end hours just don't exist anymore. Dont take it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back