Archived See. Spot. Save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Went to work today and saw the new set-up for See. Spot. Save. We've got the new signage, too.
After the "stocking stuffers" is done, will we go back to See. Spot. Save.?
When we go to whatever is next, will the $3.00 items remain?

I remember when some not-so-intelligent people made the decision to put out some of those $3.00 items early before it was reset, on the section with "$1" signage and without changing the price labels.

Oh well, as long as they stop with those inseparable wire wastebaskets.

Had one yesterday that said it was $1.00 but rang up $3. I changed it for the guest. She didn't want the other ones that were marked $3.00. I think calling it 1 spot or dollar spot confuses people into thinking that it's all $1.

How long has the 2.50 stuff been in SSS? This is only one small step up from that....and guests at my store seem pretty used to/okay with that. But, yeah, I was take aback by the $3 stuff in the SSS area. Guess my store will need to stop calling it dollar spot soon!

How long has the 2.50 stuff been in SSS? This is only one small step up from that....and guests at my store seem pretty used to/okay with that. But, yeah, I was take aback by the $3 stuff in the SSS area. Guess my store will need to stop calling it dollar spot soon!

The $2.50 section of SSS has been around for a few years. I left Target in early 2009 and it was around when I was still working there.

when the new sss signing was put up did yall through away the old stuff? i didnt see any clear direction on it, and our etl said to throw it away. it looked like crap anyway, havent had a refresh kit in years!

Ugh!!! Never throw away old signing if you're unsure of carry-forward status!

Those things were awful. I think the vast majority of ours went salvage because nobody wanted to bother with them.

It took 3 of us to separate those baskets. I have video proof.

I remember a time, "See,Spot,Save" stood for something on sale, on a endcap...

[video=youtube;HLlYzjKLoCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLlYzjKLoCU[/video]

the directions that came with the new signing said to toss the old signing.

where did it have this? i put mine up today and i scoured and scoured the packet to see if we were supposed to keep or toss the old (i went lazy and set over top.....its a rough week....).

I've always thought that it sounded weird to say "One Spot."

I stopped calling it "One Spot" after I had a very, very old and mean couple in my checkout lane one day. They had about 15 items and most of them were $2.50. They "argued" that the signs said "one dollar" so all items must be only a dollar. I ended up changing the prices on about 12 items. From that day forward, I've only called that area "See. Spot. Save."

Of course, calling it "Spot" is goofy anyway......I thought that our mascot was Bullseye!

Living in Ohio it took me the longest time to get his name right.....called him "Buckeye" instead of "Bullseye!"

What new signage, btw, is there? We haven't gotten any.

where did it have this? i put mine up today and i scoured and scoured the packet to see if we were supposed to keep or toss the old (i went lazy and set over top.....its a rough week....).
The front page of the planos clearly stated to toss the old signs

Whaddaya know. They put the instructions on the planos and not on the signing instructions. I put them up 2 hours before they got started, so I never saw that.

Funny thing. The area where there is hooks....my plano team cut a long slot out of the sign and put hooks there. Duh. Just take the sign off.

I just noticed the signs flopping forward as I was leaving the store today. Oh well.

Sorry, I wasn't quite accurate - the old signs should be tossed with the exception of the endcap signs. The new endcap signs fit over the old ones. We have no endcap signs so I forgot about that part.

Oh, that makes SENSE. Considering that the POGs were NEVER done at my store. See what I get for trying to get my stuff done on time? Figures. I have the box of peghooks for see spot in the back as well. I'm just going to guess they can get dumped directly into the fixture room at this point.....

Chances are they'll lose the POGs before they even get to me anyway. We'll see. Thanks for the info tho - chances are I never would have found that out otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back