Archived Seeking advice for CAF pushes/zone shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So for the past month or two, I've been getting "Zone" shifts, which I don't know if they differ from store to store, but for our store, that is pushing CAFs.

I was wondering if anyone who is a CAF pusher, or has done it before if you have any techniques to push more efficiently.

Also, is there a standard rule for the backroom. Ever since I started doing my CAF pushes, I ask where to put my backstock and everyone tells me something different.

If you walk into the backroom, the side with the baler, I believe it's called "receiving", where you put large items like furniture, TV's, chemicals, and paper?

And then the opposite side with the freezers, is everything else, food, toys, and anything not large, chemical, or paper?

So any advice on getting CAF pushes done more efficiently and the rules for the backroom would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

In many stores, you pick up push vehicles from the line and leave your backstock there, but this can vary from store to store. At my store, push and backstock vehicles are parked outside the aisles (near their fillgroups) because the line is full of other vehicles (price change pulls, PTMs, clearance, etc.). Small items like HBA, stationery, and market will be in 3-tiers while larger items will be on tubs and flats, but other than that, the backroom team will keep items from the same area together. When you grab a vehicle, arrange the items so that you aren't constantly going back and forth on the floor. Make sure you fill all locations to capacity, and try to push openstock (loose single items) before opening casepacks. If possible, save an empty box for your trash so it isn't all over your vehicle, and ALWAYS dispose of your own trash and cardboard - the backroom team is not there to clean up after you. When you bring back your backstock, try to combine it with other backstock vehicles so there aren't 5 tubs with three items each. Also, if you have multiple stockrooms, make sure you leave your backstock in the correct stockroom.

Where you stage your backstock is entirely dependent on your store. Your best bet is to ask the backroom TL. Personally, I stage all pulls at one end of the line and tell the floor to stage the backstock at the other end. If the line is full due to copious amounts of clearance, I allow them to stage the backstock along the bulk steel where we keep our paper.

As far as pushing them efficiently, your best bet is to score a PDA and use item search to find the locations. As you get more familiar with the layout of the floor, you will be able to reduce the amount of time spent walking between aisles.

Learn dept numbers. They are all on the signs at the ends of the BR aisles. It sounds like you know where to put the bulky stuff.

I separate pulls for the SF, but sometimes I put everything together. It just depends how many pulls are on the line when I get there with my current CAF.

I usually have one backstock tub per side out in the main aisle. SF has a 50/50 shot at getting it right. They usually don't.

make sure you pull off grey dots as you push, always have a box cutter, anything that says invalid on a pda is probably for price accuracy, always check for 2nd locations/end caps before back stocking, and dont overstock.

I work at a super target so most likely our backroom is bigger than the average. idk if its any different to that of a normal target, but i put backstock on the opposite side of the push line towards the opposite end (there are signs on the steel beam on top that say "push" "plano" "clearance" "price change" on one side of the line..on the other side theres only a "backstock" sign which is where i put my backstock) Again, idk if this is in every target backroom :huh: In your case just look for the area where all the vehicles have the backstock clip to them and leave your backstock there, it only seems obvious thats the backstock section lol.

Always have a box cutter it comes in handy to minimize box garbage on the vehicle and obviously to open boxes faster. When I empty a box of merchandize i cut the tape at the bottom and fold the box in 1/2, condensing the space it would normally take avoiding a bunch of box clutter. Sometimes BR TMs might put stuff from different departments in the same vehicle, when this happens i usually take this stuff off the vehicle and find another that has items from the same department and place it there unless the departments are right next to each other, and if theres no vehicles w/ similar items than just proceed as normal. And one last thing, if you see vehicles with like 6-7 items condense it into another vehicle to avoid double trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back