Archived Self Checkout Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
So our store got the self checkouts not too long ago...

We seem to have a few issues that I was hoping maybe someone had a solution for here at TBR.

We have a SCO that keeps giving us an "unknown coin dispenser error". The problem is that this lane has never been used. We've been through the troubleshooting steps but cannot seem to get the lane to clear the message. Does anyone know of a solution?

Problem #2: We can't get our lanes to reliably close. The ones we have been using work great, but when we sign in to store mode and tap "close lane" after we are done our closing steps, it just waits 30 seconds then goes back to the welcome screen. Randomly it will close itself afterwards.

Problem #2: We can't get our lanes to reliably close. The ones we have been using work great, but when we sign in to store mode and tap "close lane" after we are done our closing steps, it just waits 30 seconds then goes back to the welcome screen. Randomly it will close itself afterwards.

This happens at my store too but I don't think anyone is worried about it since it eventually closes.

I have a love hate relationship with self checkout. On one hand I love it because I can do my own thing without someone throwing my shit in bags and giving me a lecture about their promotions. On the other hand they are not reliable at all and when they break they break. I can only hope my Target holds on in them a bit longer but eventually they're all going to have them no matter how small the store is.

Self Check Outs - Yet another way to eliminate payroll and make getting Redcards even harder......

Self Check Outs - Yet another way to eliminate payroll and make getting Redcards even harder......

Given the current model - Yes.

They will automate RedCards too I'm sure, so even cashiers won't be needed for that.

People who are against self check outs should probably re-think their position on raising the minimum wage. If we raise it to $15/hr like people want, there will be a LOT more self checkouts.

I hope our store never gets self checkout, that just sounds like an AP nightmare waiting to happen
They are.

But I usually have atleast one app a week off self checkouts when people "forget" to scan something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back