Archived Self checkout update

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyro

Service and Engagement Advocate
I've been told we are getting a self checkout update which will disable the scales, (finnaly) in assist mode will look exactly like a regular register, and a UI update and lastly they are changing the lights on the top. Anyone else heard of this?

We got this update over the weekend to the self-checkout registers - Huge change to the entire UI

We got this update over the weekend to the self-checkout registers - Huge change to the entire UI
Please tell me there are not any big bugs. :eek:

We just got the update. The opening cashier was very confused.

I think the interface is uglier, but I like that the voice is gone. I'm trying to get my wallet back together and she was all "PLEASE TAKE YOUR ITEMS!!" So annoying. Hope that voice never returns.

We've had it for a couple month. A lot less problems.

Is it easy to figure out like how to update prices or void stuff and whatnot? Because how much you wanna bet I'm gonna be sent to cover SCO without anyone telling me anything about what's different and I'm gonna be lost

Is it easy to figure out like how to update prices or void stuff and whatnot? Because how much you wanna bet I'm gonna be sent to cover SCO without anyone telling me anything about what's different and I'm gonna be lost
The layout is switching to the k functions, exactly like the regular pos. The only thing is you have to press the lock icon, or it stays in assist mode.

The store I'm in doesn't have it yet, but a nearby store does. I don't like the look of it, but I love that the annoying voice is dead.

I love that the weight scale is now off. I no longer have to either wait for the bagging prompt or unceremoniously drop my sandwich onto the plate and hope the damn thing registers (puns!) the item. Or women just putting their purse or their kid down on it and the scale freaking out about an unknown item.

Not a fan of the cash eater not working until I press cash. Just take the damn money.

Also, I'm going to miss the animated lady in the demo feeding the machine a Euro note. That was always humourous to me.

leo it's so much better. basically you log into store mode and it just turns itself into a normal register. AND the store mode button is always there, you don't have to wait for it to come up anymore.

the lights make so much more sense now. instead of green meaning in use and off meaning ready for customer, it's the other way around which is much less confusing.

i too could imitate the voice pretty well

They also have a message "use hand scanner for cartwheel" which is nice and I believe cartwheel doesn't show as 0.00 anymore which was so confusing to guests. It just says cartwheel like the normal POSs

I think the design looks nifty and modern. The registers seem to be more responsive as well.

But I hate, hate, hate that scales have been disabled.

Please tell me there are not any big bugs. :eek:

If someone slips up and presses the Utility fuction button you'll be in limbo because you can't enter your numbers. Reason why is the new layout sits over the numbers yet doesn't affect the resister in that mode. You're now stuck.

I don't know if this is a holdover or new, but I had a gift card that I didn't know if I had used it or not. I tried it and the register locked up until the TM watching SCO came over and unlocked it. I found that super annoying, it could have just said no payment made and moved on to other methods of paying.

if you have a good sco monitor this should not happen
Thing is I can see where the fraudsters can manipulate the system if the SCO person is otherwise engaged. We've had it where the fraudsters will double team to distract the SCO person. Plus, we are also required to open Redcards and that can take our time away from monitoring SCO.

As a shopper, I like the new update. Everything goes so fast and it takes probably half the time it used to.

I finally got to monitor the SCO today and I LOVE the update!!!! It's more user-friendly, I'm no longer having to come over for every other item not weighing correctly, I can easily fix any issues with the store mode, and it just looks so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back