Archived Self checkout update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never considered how the voice could be helpful for the sco monitor. As a "guest" I hated the voice, though.

if you have a good sco monitor this should not happen

I've been over there and things didn't work so they took me to an actual register, or sometimes service desk is short and they have to do returns and spu too.

We've had the update for a couple days now. It has worked mostly well, aside from a few issues.

The only issue I've seen is that our change dispenser got jammed for the whole shift last night, and people keep getting 7 dimes instead of quarters but it's still the correct change just odd.

Last edited:
New update today at SCO. If there is 10 seconds of the guest not scanning anything it pops up a “thought bubble” saying “ready to pay?” right by the pay button. I have issues with this.
1. 10 seconds is not long enough. Not everyone can speed scan their items like an actual cashier. They are looking for the bar code or their kid is helping out - whatever. Please extend the time lag before this pops up.
2. Change the sound when it pops up. I had multiple guests go to scan an item today just as this popped up and when they heard the beep they thought they had scanned their item. I hate to think the number of people I missed helping (because I was helping someone else) who walked out with unpaid merchandise.

I like the idea though, too many people just put their card in and wait and then yell at me about it taking so long

I like the idea though, too many people just put their card in and wait and then yell at me about it taking so long
New update today at SCO. If there is 10 seconds of the guest not scanning anything it pops up a “thought bubble” saying “ready to pay?” right by the pay button. I have issues with this.
1. 10 seconds is not long enough. Not everyone can speed scan their items like an actual cashier. They are looking for the bar code or their kid is helping out - whatever. Please extend the time lag before this pops up.
2. Change the sound when it pops up. I had multiple guests go to scan an item today just as this popped up and when they heard the beep they thought they had scanned their item. I hate to think the number of people I missed helping (because I was helping someone else) who walked out with unpaid merchandise.
The obvious fix is when the guest puts their card in, a message pops up and says “ready to pay? If not, press the pay button when you are!”

I think all SCOs across all physical stores are designed to slow people down. I cannot scan and bag my items at SCO at the same speed I scan and bag a guest's items when I'm backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back