Archived Self-Checkout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, my store atleast they have keyed some cashiers shift as "Self Checkout" (not Cashier and "SCO" by it). Would you usually be at SCO the whole time?

Thanks!

Depends on front end culture. I've trained my team to never expect to stay stationary. If you're on my team you're going to be global and flexible with your workload.

ASANTS. at my store, depending on the GSA/TL they will move us around. We don't have a foot mat for SCO so it's hard to stand there all day.

You aren't supposed to stand. Our GVP suggests that on an 8 hour SCO shift, you should take a minimum of 15,000 steps.

You aren't supposed to stand. Our GVP suggests that on an 8 hour SCO shift, you should take a minimum of 15,000 steps.
I mean we only have 4 SCOs so you're not walking more than 25 ft at most at a time on the shift

For some reason when I am on a check lane the pains associated with SCO that should be the same or worse stuck on a register are never really noticeable.

I don't mind SCO as long as I don't get our store's busy side, where the computers are also complete trash. I like our softlines side SCO... usually works and usually not insanely busy. I just wish our SCOs were wider... good luck getting in if two soccermoms wheel in a cart to check out at the entrance of SCO and don't take the time to look to see if they're blocking anyone lol. But, then again, people shouldn't be chicken and say "excuse me" and barge through. The people that do that earn the pleasure to converse with me... if they're in the mood. It's nice to test the waters with a nice "Hi how you doin today?" and see where it goes. Not saying I don't converse with everyone... I feel more obliged to if they don't let no one get in their way of checking out.

I've considered asking for a chair at SCO... but I feel the answer is "no you need to get up and interact with each and every guest and talk about the redcard"

ASANTS. at my store, depending on the GSA/TL they will move us around. We don't have a foot mat for SCO so it's hard to stand there all day.

Yeah at my old store that had SCO it meant you were there your whole shift. SCO moves way more than cashier's lol. Our old lady cashier's don't move at all and flash their light for the gstl to come over when they can't reach something lol

on a related note, do you know if I can use my employee discount card through the self-checkout lane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back