Archived Service and Engagement TL Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I currently work on the front end of my store. I basically do the TL's position without the pay and the title. The position recently opened at my store and for ALL the work I do, I really want it.

I suuuck at interviews (as the interviewee) and could use some help. Anyone know the questions they may ask?

HELP! Thanks in advance.

My TL interview was years ago; even if I remembered the questions, I'm sure they've changed. Interviews are an opportunity to sell yourself, so make sure you know what you've contributed to your workcenter. How have you been driving metrics, such as REDcard goal weekly or Drive-Up times (if your store has DU)? What do your guests say on your surveys online and how have/can you mitigate their complaints? If you can show tangible numbers to show your impact as a leader, you'll set yourself apart from 9/10 of the externals.

Most Want to hire within their stores but OP has to be ready

My store was dead-set on hiring externally for our second SETL, until my ETL realized it was a waste of her time since we had someone on the bench who wanted the job more than anything. They really put him through the ringer before finally promoting him, which makes no sense.

Hi! I currently work on the front end of my store. I basically do the TL's position without the pay and the title. The position recently opened at my store and for ALL the work I do, I really want it.

I suuuck at interviews (as the interviewee) and could use some help. Anyone know the questions they may ask?

HELP! Thanks in advance.
First go check Glassdoor. I think that 100% of the questions that I got were listed there.
Second, watch you tube about how to answer interview questions in general. Then practice. Once you know what to expect and how to answer, you'll be fine.

i want to be clear that stepping in role and actually being responsible and owning the front of store business is a completely different ball game and you need to be prepared for that. i went in with the mindset that i was "already doing the job" (my ETL said as much) and it's been a hell of an adjustment to actually being responsible for ALL of it.

My STLs know how hard I work and how much I want the position. The position opened 5 weeks ago and I applied and they asked me to interview. I injured myself and had to take a medical LOA the day before my interview so ETL-HR canceled my interview. They hired externally (she's awful and knows nothing about the front end).

Suddenly, the position is open again. I already put in my application and assume HR will ask me again to interview. My biggest fear aside from the interview is our store director, she does not like me one iota.

I currently train all new front end team members and all of our team comes to me, NOT our other S&E TL for advice, help, questions, brush ups, etc. It's frustrating to have been over previously because I injured myself and I don't want to miss this chance to grow and develop as a leader.

i want to be clear that stepping in role and actually being responsible and owning the front of store business is a completely different ball game and you need to be prepared for that. i went in with the mindset that i was "already doing the job" (my ETL said as much) and it's been a hell of an adjustment to actually being responsible for ALL of it.

Thanks for the reality check. :)

I realize this. I look forward to the challenge.

when's your interview? i'm not back in my store until later on this week but i do have both the A and B of the most recent SETL interview guide that i could share

when's your interview? i'm not back in my store until later on this week but i do have both the A and B of the most recent SETL interview guide that i could share

I don't have one yet. I literally just found out the position reopened and applied again. Just hoping HR will want to interview again. FX.

I don't have one yet. I literally just found out the position reopened and applied again. Just hoping HR will want to interview again. FX.
There’s a 6 month window from being turned down as a TL where you can’t reapply. This is more used as a tool than a law and I’ve seen it over looked many times for people they want but they pretend it’s law for people they don’t think are a good fit but continue to apply. Not saying they’ll use this but just a heads up it’s a real thing.

Agreed. I'm currently stepped in role because one of our SETLs abruptly quit. I am a hot mess at the moment, and I'm not coaching, writing up, and the other ton of things that come with the job. The lone remaining SETL is beyond stressed and while they're wonderful with me, they also recently said, "I love you, but I'll be glad when I have a peer again."

I wasn't offended in the slightest. They need a peer. I think you've also said you don't have a peer, @REDcardJJ. I don't know how you do it.

I'm grateful I had the opportunity to step in role, because I learned I categorically don't want it. My ETL said the same thing (that I was "already doing the job"). I turned down the opportunity to interview. (Yeah, I know I'll never be offered the bench again, but I had to prioritize my mental health, and I have a boatload of anxiety. I didn't think it was good for me or for the store to take on a TL role.)

That said, by all means go for it, @Unicornmommy. You sound like you want it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back