Archived SETL position in a nearby store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw that there is a vacant SETL position listed at target careers for the nearest store to the one I work at now. I am not on the bench, but I spoke to my HRTM, and she says I can still apply. I am at a bit of a loss though. Do I apply through the careers site like an outside hire, or do I do it from someplace different since I am already a team member? What should I be looking for in the process?

I would have to look it up but dont apply as an external they will just either ignore it or laugh. There is a side for tms to apply within do it on the computer at the store it takes less than 5 mins since all your info will auto fill

Honestly, if you're not on the bench, you're probably not going to be selected. There's bound to be people on the bench in your district who have been waiting for a position. Apply if you want, but if it's a TL position you're after, I'd advise speaking with your ETL to get on a development track if you're not already on it.

Honestly, if you're not on the bench, you're probably not going to be selected. There's bound to be people on the bench in your district who have been waiting for a position. Apply if you want, but if it's a TL position you're after, I'd advise speaking with your ETL to get on a development track if you're not already on it.
I was promised cross-training leading to a bench interview years (read: over a decade) ago. The STL who told me this left without making good on that promise, and never told their successor, so when I inquired about it, they looked at me as if I were a crazy person. Over the years, I have trained numerous team members who went on to become GSAs, and yet I was routinely passed over for the position myself. At this point, it seems like the primary requirement to become a TL in my store is being under 30. That definitively rules me out.

there is a new system, just did this myself. you can do it through workday-- just choose careers and type the city name. you apply right then and there. only catch is the question if your leader has approved you to apply, it sends a message to them stating youve applied.

I can attest to not having been on the bench and applied for a TL position as an external applicant through target/careers. Got an interview a few days later with the STL and then with the DTL after that. I came from hardlines (8 months on the job). So yeah, it’s quite possible.

there is a new system, just did this myself. you can do it through workday-- just choose careers and type the city name. you apply right then and there. only catch is the question if your leader has approved you to apply, it sends a message to them stating youve applied.
I saw that. I spoke with both my current SETL and my HR, who both said they saw no impediment to my applying. That said, I didn't pull the trigger. I will ask my HR if her approval meets the requirement.

I spoke to my ETL this morning. I told him about the position and that they asked if I had a supervisor's permission to apply. I spoke with HR already, but I didn't want him to feel blindsided, so I wanted his approval before I submitted it. He gave me the green light to apply, so I submitted it as soon as I returned from work today. Now, I wait.

Update: I spoke with my leader today. According to him, I didn't get the position because there was no position to get. He told me that the SETL position was already filled internally, but for some reason, the position still posted on the website. There went that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back