Archived Setting up email on my iPhone (Server name?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasette

GSA
Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of you could help me connect my target email to my iPhone.

I know I can do it, because one of my fellow GSAs at my store recently sent me an email with the signature "sent from my iPhone" at the bottom. I'm pretty sure he's never been a TL; he's just worked here longer than I have.

I'm aware that only TLs are supposed to be able to check their email outside of work, but I pretty much never have time to check mine when I'm at work (I'm always needed ASAP at the front lanes and there's almost never someone to cover me). My ETL lightly scolded me for not checking my email enough a few weeks back and I'd like to stay on top of current news. Besides, it'd be much easier for me to check my email (and send important updates to GSAs/GSTLs) while I'm at work if I had it on my phone; often all of the computers are taken when I do get time.

And yeah, I could wait until we work together to ask my fellow GSA pal - but we're rarely co-scheduled for more than half an hour, and I'd probably focus on some "clear and present danger" (re: guests/current tasks) and forget to ask.

I understand the basics of how to set it up, but I'm stuck on the server name. I can't find the info on the outlook web app. Does anyone know the server name for spot webmail?

Last edited:
I don't really consider it working off the clock. I wouldn't be sending emails while I'm at home or anything. It'd just mean easier access to information that I'd need while I'm at work.

Besides, it wouldn't be any more work than the education I often receive on this forum.

Last edited:
You may not, but your leadership may. I understand where you're coming from, but if you have an overzealous leadership who finds out you access email on your phone they can potentially use it against you. In my opinion that other GSA is stupid to leave the iPhone signature in their emails.

You may not, but your leadership may. I understand where you're coming from, but if you have an overzealous leadership who finds out you access email on your phone they can potentially use it against you. In my opinion that other GSA is stupid to leave the iPhone signature in their emails.
He doesn't usually; it was an email just to me. I've never seen it in a different context.

I guess I don't really understand why "working off the clock" lightly, like this, is such a bad thing? If it's my choice and I realize I'm not getting paid for it, I figure it's basically like volunteer time. I'm the kind of person who likes to be fully prepared when I go in to work every day, and it's really hard to do that if I don't have all the information I'll need.

He doesn't usually; it was an email just to me. I've never seen it in a different context.
I guess I don't really understand why "working off the clock" lightly, like this, is such a bad thing? If it's my choice and I realize I'm not getting paid for it, I figure it's basically like volunteer time. I'm the kind of person who likes to be fully prepared when I go in to work every day, and it's really hard to do that if I don't have all the information I'll need.

It can wait till you get spot on the clock. Your life outside of spot doesn't count when you ck your email or whatever. Communication by notes or email by other folks when you read them when you get to spot on the clock. Spot doesn't like tm's off the clock working.

Last edited:
And to answer your question, it doesn't matter what you put for the email settings. You won't be able to authenticate to the server, as your email is obviously tied to your job code. Not a salaried position? Won't be able to get email outside of work.

Your co-worker probably forwards their work email to a gmail account.

And to answer your question, it doesn't matter what you put for the email settings. You won't be able to authenticate to the server, as your email is obviously tied to your job code. Not a salaried position? Won't be able to get email outside of work.
I'm able to check my email on my laptop at home, though.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Understood.

I'm able to check my email on my laptop at home, though.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Understood.

It's physically impossible for you to do so. That's not how the systems are configured. Post a picture to prove it. Blank out and personally identifying information.

Let it go...it's fine. She can get in serious trouble if she has, in fact, actually done so. We don't need pictures of this on the forums.

As Dan and HLM said, don't check your email off the clock. It doesn't matter how dedicated you are, working off the clock is a big no-no. It's just not worth setting yourself up for trouble down the road.

Hey folks, it is NOT possible for anyone hourly to receive email at home. Period. You can forward every work email to your personal account if you wanted to pretend like you were "important" and "check your email" from home, but what the heck is the point? Looking at secondread email. That IS cool!

I just found this thread after searching "email app."

As a PMT in training, I was granted access to my new email account this week and because I am shadowing the current PMT at my store during my first few weeks of my training it is obviously not possible for us both to use one iPad as thoroughly as we would like. (It would be nice if they had a few extras in the district for training, etc.)

I would like to be able to check my email (while at work) and follow up on certain tasks that I have taken on already, without wasting valuable time on a PC, especially when other TMs need to use them.

Today I was able to succesfully log in and access my mailbox using Firefox on my Note 3, but the web interface leaves a bit to be desired on a smartphone, even with a large screen.

I tried setting it up using Outlook and Exchange apps and I keep getting server/domain errors.

So apparently it is possible to check your email from outside Target's network if you aren't salaried. Unless this is some type of exception granted to PMTs for some reason.

In the meantime, I am stuck using the web interface unless someone knows a solution using an Android app. I have no intention of accessing this outside of work; it is strictly a temporary solution until I take ownership of the PMT iPad in a few weeks.

image.jpg Screenshot from my phone literally 1 minute ago. Though I can't log on because I'm not set up with a email.

Your co-worker probably forwards their work email to a gmail account.
My ETL HR told me how to access email from my phone but asked that I not do it while I'm off the clock. Except when he needs to talk to me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back