Archived Share your paycheck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
$250 or about $290 if I'm lucky.

I basically make as much as a Chinese factory worker

Well let's see. My best check ever was my last one when I was quitting, which included vacation AND sick pay. That was a whopping $750 or so.

If I was lucky it would be ~$500 every 2 weeks, after taxes. $400 or so when hours were getting cut. I don't have as many bills as some of y'all but I do have credit cards and a car payment so it was tough.

I'm seeing an average of $600 or less right now, and I'm completely livid. My average hours have just dropped below 30, and I'm afraid of loosing my benefits (which are mandatory). Plus I'm having a hard time paying my bills.

We lost 3 employees on the overnight flow. Two quit, and one is going off to college for a year. So what does the store do? Hire on two more people for the overnight back room team. A team that has been constantly getting 40 hours a week since the new year. The flow team has been lucky to see 30.

I'm seeing an average of $600 or less right now, and I'm completely livid. My average hours have just dropped below 30, and I'm afraid of loosing my benefits (which are mandatory). Plus I'm having a hard time paying my bills.

We lost 3 employees on the overnight flow. Two quit, and one is going off to college for a year. So what does the store do? Hire on two more people for the overnight back room team. A team that has been constantly getting 40 hours a week since the new year. The flow team has been lucky to see 30.
While the fact that you're getting less hours does suck, from a business perspective:

Hours to push before the store opens are more effective than hours pushing with the store open
Flow has so many hours to work before the store opens
One person can only do so much work

More bodies before the doors open means that, in theory, more work gets done. If you're in a 4am store, 7*4=35 Hours of optimal scheduling per person.

... I kinda lost my train of thought but basically more bodies in flow is better. Factor in the possibility of callouts too.

without getting too specific - not quite 2,000 but not quite 1,500 but a bit closer to 1,500 than 2,000 lol. Though was almost becoming not worth it in my last position where I was working 70-80 hours a week. Then all the stress that came home with me whenever I wasn't working. In my new position the paycheck feels much more worth it when I'm thinking in a $ perspective.

While the fact that you're getting less hours does suck, from a business perspective:

Hours to push before the store opens are more effective than hours pushing with the store open
Flow has so many hours to work before the store opens
One person can only do so much work

More bodies before the doors open means that, in theory, more work gets done. If you're in a 4am store, 7*4=35 Hours of optimal scheduling per person.

... I kinda lost my train of thought but basically more bodies in flow is better. Factor in the possibility of callouts too.
We're a 10pm store. We work all night to get this stuff done. Plus they'll pull people from the back room to work on departments out of the floor. So basically they're taking hours away from us, giving the back room 40 hour workweeks that include also doing OUR work as well.
On top of that, we're supposed to work until 6:30am. The person who makes the schedule decided to drop the whole flow team to 5am. So there's 4.5 hours of pay we don't get.

After insurance and 401k I am lucky if I take home 300 and that's scheduled 30 hrs week on average

1100 after taxes...jumpin on insurance/401k soon so we'll see how much that drops

Almost at $490 for this pay period, after taxes and health insurance and all that

From what most have posted, it seems that most don't really make enough to support themselves without a 2nd job, partner's income, pension or poverty. Yet Spot wants that Open Availability.

Walmart used to be bashed in the news for how many of its employees had to utilize government assistance, why doesn't Target get that scrutiny?

From what most have posted, it seems that most don't really make enough to support themselves without a 2nd job, partner's income, pension or poverty. Yet Spot wants that Open Availability.

Walmart used to be bashed in the news for how many of its employees had to utilize government assistance, why doesn't Target get that scrutiny?
Because we are a much smaller company. Walmart is roughly 7 times our size in terms of revenue and number of employees.

Oh my god I need to go back to main stream I will never pay the bills at The pup shop.

I think it was like $650, first one since the raise. Not too shabby, but I have a system of packing away 10% through direct deposit so I really only saw about 570 or whatever I'm not doing math.

And then I've been using the extra money to get into Gunpla, which... Big mistake. Very fun big mistake.

I think another part of it is that people assume better things go on at a store when the prices are higher. The differences aren't all huge (clothing prices are a big diff, hardlines and market stuff isn't in my experience), but it's enough that people notice. And tgt TMs are friendlier (on average) so they just assume we're happy without looking into it.

Wal-Mart is much much bigger than Target. They employ a lot more employees, to the where point they can actually shift the base economics of a region just on its own. I think they make in excess of 200 billion in revenue all while advising their workers to look for government aid. Target maintains a slightly more positive image, so it can manage to dodge some of the heat...for now.

Wal-Mart is much much bigger than Target. They employ a lot more employees, to the where point they can actually shift the base economics of a region just on its own. I think they make in excess of 200 billion in revenue all while advising their workers to look for government aid. Target maintains a slightly more positive image, so it can manage to dodge some of the heat...for now.
Actually its more 450 billion annually. They are currently the biggest corporation in the world by revenue.

I think 450 billion includes their international wings, I was just referring to domestic revenues within the U.S. since Target is also limited to mostly domestic and I believe in Australia. But goes to show the scale and reach of Wal-Mart. I would love to sit in on a board meeting at Wal-Mart and just learn from their execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back