Ship From Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stores definitely need to have their counts right and be zoned properly for this to work.

What does "have their counts right and be zoned properly" mean? I'm not familiar with this concept.

In layman's terms, if I'm picking something, I expect the item to be where its supposed to be, whether it's located on the sales floor or on the backroom. It is incredibly frustrating to try to pick something in say, bath towels, and when I get there, theres 3 different DPCIs in the spot it's supposed to be in. Also backroom location accuracy is super important in that regard too. Obviously make sure the backroom is backstocking properly (also have the FF team trained in backroom properly) I really don't have time to go back and forth from the floor to the backroom only to find out that someone backstocked all the sizes of one particular t-shirt in one location and the one I want has already been pulled by someone else ages ago. This leads to me having to hit item not found.

I wish, but until then we're gonna have to enjoy the 30 boxes of overpushed diapers just tossed on the shelf~ :<

I'm Instocks and my hours have been cut to hell. Being Instocks I pretty much know where everything is in the store. What's the position title? How many hours/week will these TMs get? What's the pay grade? How do you apply?

I was asked by the Operations ETL if I wanted to join the SFS team about a month before we went live (I'm a hardlines TM). No one new was hired for the team. TM's from different departments were asked. We didn't get a SFS TL but a backroom TM has been permanently moved to just heading up SFS as what we call the "captain". The backroom TL is great and helps whenever we need her, as do a few other TL's. Three of us really know how to do it all alone, but six of us were trained for it as well as some other TM's as backup. I still get my normal hourly pay rate lol.
Also anything that wont fit in a box (like furniture), still needs to be picked. We just cancel it out during the packing process so we still get credit for picking it. Our store is at a 50 order max but we only actually hit 50 orders once. We've probably had between 30-45 a day so far.

We're at 75 max and hit it both days so far. It's actually quite a lot of work for the TM, I don't think they were expecting it.

Our max is 75 but we haven't had enough orders in the first few days to even add up to that. And we've got full coverage, open mid and close :rolleyes:

I'd be able to handle 75 orders alone. It's annoying to me that I spend all morning picking only for the mid to come in and pack everything (the fun part), meanwhile I get stuck backstocking or pushing truck.

Our max is 75 but we haven't had enough orders in the first few days to even add up to that. And we've got full coverage, open mid and close :rolleyes:

I'd be able to handle 75 orders alone. It's annoying to me that I spend all morning picking only for the mid to come in and pack everything (the fun part), meanwhile I get stuck backstocking or pushing truck.
Before the mid comes in, tell your TL that orders are dropping in slow and YOU can handle it just fine.

Although everyone trained in SFS should be getting plenty of practice for the insanity that is Q4 coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back