Archived Shocked. In a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. If anyone was on my other recent post I was offered a great opportunity to work for a former employee - putting me back in my field, making much better money, doing something I love and with a somewhat better schedule / hours. This offer came up out of the blue and it has just been thrown at me super fast. I'm extraordinarily lucky in that the new employer wanted me to start asap -- but was also willing to be flexible to allow me to transition my workload ( I can work remotely some until fully transitioned.). Just the other day I submitted an availability change after speaking with the etl, and because for some reason I made an error it was auto denied. So my fault, ok. I just resubmitted the availability correctly (with assistance from some tms) but it is still sitting in pending I find out today && is not even going to go in to an effect until at least the week after it was supposed ( I had given them two weeks - but with the snafu and resubmitting I missed it by a day). I explained this to my other employer and they were understanding and willing to work with me for the extra week - what a blessing. So I planned on calling or going in tomorrow to speak with Hr to ensure it gets finalized .....

But after leaving target tonight I got an amazing call from my other job. They have decided they want to fast track the things we had been discussing and get me onboard full time no later than June 1st - possibly as soon as mid May && provide me with fully paid health insurance. This is the light at the end of a very long tunnel. I can't turn down this opportunity, nor do I want to -- but in a very strange way I'm sad. I've only been at Target since November - but I adore my tms. And while I never intended to stay indefinitely knowing I'm leaving soon is harder to swallow than I imagined. I also feel kind of bad because my store has lost a couple of other tms lately - some leaving for jobs like I, some leaving because they were tired of being passed over and what have you, and sadly a few even were termed. My store will survive without me I know, but I feel bad that I'm leaving soon and we are already short handed. I almost want to forewRn them but I know I'd only be hurting myself - I.e. If something changed or happened with the other job that's unforeseen. Also kind of wish I could stay on a shift or two a week (if they could utilize me) for a while longer (until the new position gets really full swing (it's a salary position at ft && eventually exceeds 5fays/40hrs a week in a substantial way) - but I don't see them saying yes since they already complain about the tms we have on schedules like that.

Anywho, another long winded post to say I'm on my way out - and it's bittersweet. Guess I'm not as old and jaded as I think I am sometimes. Once I'm making a live able wage again I guess I'll have to shop at my store more often so I can visit all my work friends....even if i really can't stand spot from a corporate /consumer viewpoint.

Good luck!! Glad things are going great for you. I'd feel the same way, I love everyone I work with.

Congratulations on your new job , I wish you all the best . I see you have been with Target since Nov and are already tired of being passed over,I know a lot of people who have been with the company for many years and now I know why they are so exhausted all the time,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back