Archived Shop at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any of u guys working for target actually do ur shopping there? Its funny how i work there but i shop at sam's club and cosco instead lol

I'd like to, just to avoid going to other places (namely walmart) and I always plan on picking up a few things... But, by the time I get through a 40 hour week (or even a full day's shift) the last thing I want to do is spend more time at target.

Maybe I would if we had a different target store close enough, but we don't. I buy almost all of my clothes from target, because it's fairly cheap and it's just practical. That's about all, though.

Last edited:
I shop at Target a lot. I don't have a Cosco or Sam's membership, and I don't like Walmart (it's depressing and their clothes are terrible). I can't really afford to shop at other places often because I depend on my TM and RC discounts.

I do in sniper form. A couple items if needed. Coffee, dryer sheets stuff you can grab on lunch. I always walk by the meat cooler and see what has been given coupons. That may decide what is for dinner, decent cuts of meat become affordable, or stored in the freezer for later if its really good.

I do most of mine there, since outside of some grocery stores that's all that's within a 15 minute drive, minimum. Can get exhausting at times though since I have to say hi to everyone who notices me and some of them are talkers.

I shop at Targét but only buy what's on sale or clearance. ($5 Digiorno pizza? On cartwheel too? & I get a free 2liter when I buy 2? & 10% off with discount , & 5% off with Redcard? Sure I'll take 10 - couple of months ago). Just figure out what a good sale is on the regular items you buy & stock up when it hits the right price point. 70% off clearance is good too.

just saved $40 using cartwheel, mobile coupons my discount and my 5% debit discount.. yeah i shop there

I will shop there for the employee discounts, but once I am gone. I will not, but I may come back and visit.

I definitely do the majority of my shopping there - food, clothing, household items, school supplies.

My weekly bill normally reaches about $200 for groceries, random HBA items, cleaning items, clothing, etc - and after coupons, mobile coupons, online coupons, catalina coupons, cartwheel, employee discount, and red card - I spend less than $90 most weeks.

I still do a lot of shopping there. Our Walmarts are horrible and the other grocery stores are so expensive.

I love being able to stack a manufacturer's coupon, Target coupon, Cartwheel, and electronic rebate apps. I should look and see how much I saved last year at Target.

Edit: Found my spreadsheet! I saved $2500 last year at Target (mainly HBA, cleaning, and paper products). Calculated the percentage to be 94%.

Last edited:
I only buy bread consistently, most everything else is either priced too high or of poor quality. I have no red and khaki from Target.
"Spend More, Expect Less"

I used to do all my food / necessity shopping there, but ever since we stopped selling the malt-o-meal cereal, I had to go to WalMart for that. I prefer to do my shopping at Target after a dayshift at all possible just to save myself an extra trip. When I happen to get another job, hard to say where I'll shop. Probably wherever the deals are.

Besides the extra spending cash its the main reason I am still working there limited hours a week. Besides meat I find most of the food items I get there are cheaper esp with the discount and cartwheel app. I buy a good amount of my clothes there also. For $25 and less for a pair of jeans I think they are good quality and do what I need them to do. Even if I made another 10 or 20 grand at my current job I still plan on keeping Target in my back pocket just for all of the perks that you do get for working at a retail establishment.

i do a lot of shopping there. but thats only when im leaving for the day. otherwise i wont come back in there just to shop. lol.

If I only have a couple of items to get I will shop at Target, it's just easier. If I have a lot of groceries to get I tend to go to ALDI's, it's way cheaper there even factoring in the tm discount. I do have to go to Walmart once a month to get my Straight Talk card. I just can't get cheaper mobile service. $50 for unlimited talk, text and data with a 3G!

Last year I spent more at Target than I earned. This makes sense for someone who works very part time and mainly stays to keep the discount.

Ill pick up stuff from there that I need at the moment, and just pick it up after I am done working. I do shop at target a lot, but its mostly just a few things here and there. I do my main grocery shopping at a local store and will buy clothes from target occasionally/but mostly from other stores around here. I avoid walmart at all costs

Grocery shopping at local grocery stores, Kroger, and Publix.

Most everything else from Target and Sam's Club.

F*** Wal-Mart. I despise Wal-Mart more than any other retailer.

If I only have a couple of items to get I will shop at Target, it's just easier. If I have a lot of groceries to get I tend to go to ALDI's, it's way cheaper there even factoring in the tm discount. I do have to go to Walmart once a month to get my Straight Talk card. I just can't get cheaper mobile service. $50 for unlimited talk, text and data with a 3G!

Brightspot, Target's own service, offers unlimited talk, text and data with 4G access for 45 a month and $25 gift card every six months.

I wouldn't shop at target if I didn't work there. I think I'd make the occasional trip for good cartwheel double dips, though. And the whole cartwheel + discount working with food stamps keeps me there for some groceries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy everything possible on my list at Target due to the discount, coupon stacks, cartwheel and redcard/pharmacy rewards 5%. I do, however, go out of my way and shop at a different Target than the one where I work! The anonymity is nice and I can get through the store much faster since I'm not stopping constantly to talk to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back